And She Said She Loved Me... Chapter 2

By Black

Kasumi awoke to the faint smell of fish. She sat up warily and rubbed her eyes. She was at Kaku docks on an early misty morning. Only fishermen were up and about at such an unearthly hour.

"Long time no see!"

Kasumi suddenly turned her head, and saw Tai Ho grinning like mad.

"Oh, hi Tai Ho."

"What are you doing sleeping on Kaku docks?"

Of course Kasumi had come to the docks but refused to go any further than that, but her gaze was fixed on Toran Castle, which looked so small due to being so far off the coast.

"I had to meet a contact of my village, I had to deliver some instructions from our chief. It was very late and I was very tired, and sleep soon overwhelmed me."

"I see."

"Where is Yam Koo and Kimberly?"

"Kimberly is off doing who-knows-what trying to get me to find her more attractive, and Yam Koo doesn't exactly wake up at the crack of dawn."

"I see."

"Would you like to stay here and talk and help me catch some breakfast? I could use a cute face for a change." Tai Ho said, hinting he hasn't enjoyed the presence of Kimberly.

"Um, I'm not much of a fisher...."

"Sure ya are! All you do is drop the line in the water and let fate handle the rest. Oh by the way, why you're up here you may wanna head over to Toran Castle. Jan and a few others are staying there."

"I'd like that. I'd like that a lot. Listen, do you think you could take me there on one of your boats?"

"Sure. Let's go."

"Shouldn't you tell Kimberly where you're going?"

Tai Ho laughed to himself and said, "Just get in the boat."

***

Jan still sat on the rooftop, not catching a wink of sleep the previous night. He only thought of Kasumi, and her sudden departure to relive her life in the days before the war.

Jan suddenly heard the words, "Kasumi! Tai Ho! Welcome to Toran Castle."

He peered over the parapet to see Qlon greeting Kasumi and Tai Ho.

Jan quickly rushed down the various flights of stairs until he reached Sansuke's bath. He looked like a mess.

After washing himself, he hastily dressed and proceeded to his room, where his heart nearly pounded a hole through his chest as he saw Kasumi standing around waiting.

"Oh, hi Jan. Sorry to enter your room without permission, but Qlon said you were in the bath and that I should wait here for you."

"It's alright. It's so good to see you."

"It's good to see you, too."

"What brings you here?"

"Uh, I was just in Kaku for business and...Tai ho brought me over here to see old friends. But he swore he heard Kimberly screaming at him from the other end of the lake and hurried back....so I'm kinda stranded."

"Why didn't you go back with him?"

"I wanted to see you..."

"I'm actually pretty happy you didn't go back with him..."

"I see."

"Why did you want to see me?"

"Why are you happy I decided to come see you?"

"Because....you're all I can think about."

"You're now president.....and...you can only think about me?"

"Every second of every minute of every hour......of every day....."

"Sssh." Kasumi put her lips to her fingers and walked forward.

Jan met her lips and pulled her tight to him. They stood, softly kissing. This was not a dream.

***

Jan awoke the next morning and felt a pleasant, tingly feeling on his chest. He looked over to see Kasumi gently raking her finger nails across his bare chest. He smiled and brushed a hand across her cheek.

"Good morning, sleepy." she giggled.

"Hey, you." Jan replied.

Kasumi stopped the soft motion with her fingers and laid her arm across him and snuggled up close. In response, Jan put his arm around her head.

"How long have you had these feelings?" Kasumi asked out of the blue.

"When you first came to the Liberation Army...informing me I was to fight my father. What about you?"

"When I first came to the Liberation Army...informing you that you were to fight your father."

Jan chuckled, but quickly veered away from the topic, not wishing to remember he fought his father... and killed him.

"Last night was incredible.” She said.

"Yes it was. Thank you."

"Jan..that was my...first time.." Kasumi said uneasily.

"Oh...well then..that makes 2 of us. Listen, when are you going back to Rokkaku?”

"I'd like to stay here...within the past twelve hours, I've experienced more happiness than Rokkaku could ever offer me. You wouldn't mind, would you?"

"Of course not."

"Are you sure..?"

"Of course I am." Jan reassured her, and he meant it with the most sincerity.

.

Go To Chapter 3

Return To Suikoden Fanfic