On Earth as it is in Hell Chapter 28

Conversation

By Caleb Nova

...And that's that.

You mean and that's how you let Hyne do, and do badly, I might add, what you should've done in the first place.

Well, when you put it that way...

It makes you look like the negligent piece of crap that you are.

Something like that.

I don't know why you think you can be so nonchalant about this, but I don't care anymore. I have a few more questions and then I get to leave, hopefully never to see you again.

Shoot.

The fact that the actual person who fixed everything in the end was not rewarded looks very, very bad. What have you done about that?

You mean Scott. Don't worry about that, I redirected him.

To his home.

That was implied.

And what about the other portal installations that Foss had. Those are a potential threat.

Like I made clear, the American government was well aware of them, and they are now no longer an issue.

Well, good. The fact of the matter remains however, that this event was dereliction of duty in the extreme.

I don't see it that way. I used Hyne to get the job done. I worked through her.

No, you didn't. You sat back and prayed it all worked out. That is not how you watch a universe. Our job as Kharadjai is interfere with the day to day things as little as possible, and jump in when something major happens, like say, oh, I don't know, the actual possibility of the complete destruction of an entire universe.

All's well that ends well.

Save it for the trial.


Epilogue

Caleb Nova's Fanfiction