Rose of Mideel Chapter 10

I'm Not Dead Yet

By Chocobo Goddess

Seph, c’mon, man, you have to hang on.

The Planet keened. NONONO PLEASE SEPHIROTH AERITH NEEDS YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Uh, Planet, the other voice said, That’s not gonna help him.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE. It sounded petulant.

Yeah, well, we can argue about it later. Hey, Seph, wake up. Someone’s coming! Make a noise or something!

WAKE UP!!

Sephiroth’s arms and legs were made of lead. It hurt when he tried to move them. He let out a short groan, then stopped when even that hurt. I can hear you both fine. Now, if you’d be so kind…I’m in quite a bit of pain here. He felt detached from his body somehow, as if he were looking at someone else dying on the forest floor. Stupid, I should have suspected he’d use a trick like that.

STAY STILL. YOU HAVE LOST MUCH BLOOD; I CAN DO NOTHING.

What about that healing spell when I first woke up?

WAS ONLY BECAUSE YOU HAD JUST BEEN CREATED, AND SPELL CAME FROM COLENE CETRA, NOT ME. YOU ARE BEYOND THEIR SPHERE OF INFLUENCE NOW.

Hey, I’d wondered about that.

Who are you, anyway?

Me? I’m…

"Gods above, Planet below, Sephiroth, what happened to you?" Vincent swore as he crouched by the silver-haired man’s body and nudged it. When he received a grunt in reply, his normally unflappable demeanor showed surprise. "And you’re still alive!" He immediately pulled his cloak off and covered Sephiroth’s torso with it. Unwinding his headband, he bound the terrible sword wound somewhat. "I have no idea how heavy you are, but maybe I can get you back to the mansion. This should hold you until then."

Several low-level materia were embedded within the butt of his weapon. Vincent covered one of them with his hand and chanted under his breath. The Cure spell, though weak, was enough to bring Sephiroth out of danger for the moment. When he was sure the bleeding had stopped, Vincent carefully picked up his patient under the arms. Then, step by painful step, they began the trek back to the ShinRa mansion.


Chapter 11

Final Fantasy 7 Fanfic