Chrome Spark Chapter 1

By Chris Homer

Yes, this my second story, and it may be a bit long, but it will be with enjoyment.

I will rate this as a U, as nothing really happens to be honest! It's short, but with knowledge.

If anyone thinks that I am showing bias to any characters, I'll say something now. My favourite character is Yuffie because of her youth and smart-ass attitude, and I like to give her more of a story (main reason why I include Heici) but I am going to be just as equal to the other characters, as there is no-one I hate.

Cast of characters:

Chromer Barbarus
Sepiroth (Voice)
Cloud Strife
Tifa Lockheart
Barrett Wallace
Marlene Wallace
Heici Wutai
Yuffie Kisaragi
Reeve

The story starts in the old forest.......

The headaches were starting again.

Chromer was sitting on a rock, experiencing the same headaches that Cloud suffered. But these weren't Hojo influenced, it was voices in his head.

"YES, CHROMER. THE DARKNESS EMERALD CONTAINS MY POWER, AND MY SOUL WILL SOON ENSLAVE YOUR BODY. YOU WILL DESTROY AVALANCHE!"

"No. NO! You can't make me!" screamed Chromer.

"OH, YOU WILL!" said the voice. "I'LL MAKE YOU. MY POWER IS STILL AFFECTIVE AGAINST YOU. YOU WILL KILL THEM ONE AT A TIME, AND YOU CAN START WITH......THAT ANCIENT."

"No....not Aeris. She's so beautiful and innocent. She has suffered enough! WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DO THIS?"

The voice spoke again. "BECAUSE.....HER BEAUTY WILL MAKE MY BODY A PAGON THRONE WHEN I RETURN. YOU THWARTED ME ONCE, I WILL USE YOU TO HELP ME RETURN......OR I AM NOT THE ONE NAMED SEPIROTH."

Chromer opened his eyes. He was in love with Aeris, Chromer being one of Ancient's blood in a way, but his psychic powers improved his strength. But Sepiroth's influence was really getting to him.

Chromer suddenly smiled, an evil grin touching his face.

"LET'S GO FOR IT! MWAH! HAH, HAH, HAH! SATELLITE FALL!"

A huge meteor shook the earth from Chromer's power.

_____________________________________________________________________

"Hey, watch it Tifa!" screamed Cloud.

"Well, you shouldn't have challenged me in the first place!" said Tifa.

"Hey, no fair. That hurt!"

"Wimp, can't you take it?"

"But.....I can't hold on!"

At this point, Barret came into the room, ready to stop whatever feud was happening.....until he reliased that Cloud and Tifa were playing *Bushido Blade on a Playstation.

* Bushido Blade, copyright of Squaresoft

"It's not fair. The blood just spills of Red Lotus. Why the hell did I buy this thing from Yuffie in the first place?" said Cloud.

"Because according to you, 'anything with swords, I'm bound to like.' Shame that I like kicking the cr...."

"Ahem." said Barret, covering Marlene's ears, who was with him. The cute little 4 year old had returned with Barret from Elmyra, after Aeris had returned. Barret had finally spent some time with her, and remembering Dyne, the amulet he gave Barret was hung around the small neck of Marlene.

"Sorry, dad." they both said.

"Well, now that is settled, what are we going to do today?" said Barret. "It's our day off, so why not head somewhere?"

"Let's go to Costa Del Sol. Let's get everyone there, might be a good chance to see what has been happening." said Tifa.

Barret and Cloud both seemed genually pleased with the idea, and Cloud got the PHS out. But then.....

RING!

"Hell, what happened?" said Barret.

"Hello?" said Cloud.

"It's Heici. How are you guys?" said the 23 year old warrior from Wutai.

Cloud smiled. He hadn't spoken to Heici that much, but he seemed O.K.

"O.K, I guess. We were just gonna call you. How would you like to go to Costa Del Sol? We are going to bring everyone there?" said Cloud.

"You know, that might not be a bad idea. As long as Yuffie keeps her mind off materia I think we'll be fine." he said with a chuckle.

A faint voice from the PHS said 'I heard that!' Following that was a crunch like sound, and when Heici spoke again, it was in much higher pitch.

"What was that?"

Struggling, Heici said "Yuffie says hi." Back in normal voice, he said "That reminds me, do you know where Chromer is? He was supposed to be in Wutai for dinner an hour ago. I invited him......Yuffie keeps swooning...women.....but he hadn't turned up."

"You know....I haven't spoke to him...." Cloud started when Tifa interrupted him on her phone.

"Cloud.......I think you better take this." said Tifa, with a quivering nature to her voice.

Cloud took the phone.

"Hello......Reeve?" said Cloud.

"COME TO COSMO CANYON QUICK!" screamed Reeve.

"Why?" said Cloud.

For a while, Cloud didn't speak, but his expression changed into shock, fright and disgust. He put the phone down.

"Guys, we're heading out....to Cosmo." said Cloud. He picked up the PHS. "Heici, get Yuffie and head out to Rocket Town. Tell Cid to get to Cosmo Canyon as fast as he can."

"Why....what's the hurry?" said Heici.

"Let's just say.....we've found the answer to your question.....and boy, you won't like the answer."

.

Go To Chapter 2

Return To FF7 Fanfic