Chrono Trigger: The Lost Force Chapter 2

A Quarrel Among Allies

By Dragoon Taryn

1001 A.D.

"Well, what do you guys think?" Lucca asked Crono and Marle as she showed them the Epoch with two more seats.

"I think it’s great Lucca!" Marle told her.

"Thanks Marle."

Suddenly, Magus and Glenn came out of Leene Square. "Magus, Glenn, what are you two doing here?" Crono asked.

"More like how did you get here. The Gates are supposed to be closed," Lucca added.

"We have a situation we think could be dangerous," Magus told them.

"Dangerous? Pardon my protest, but how could one girl be dangerous?" Glenn wondered.

"What are you two talking about? What girl?" Crono demanded.

"A girl from the year 1999 A.D. came through a Gate into my castle," Magus informed them.

"So? It’s just a girl," Marle told him.

"But, I also sense an evil force. This girl could not have come though a Gate if someone had not made it," Magus pointed out.

Crono sighed. "Well, we should check it out anyway."

So they all hopped into the Epoch and headed for the End of Time.

* * * * *

The End of Time

"Take this!" Taryn yelled as she shot a Lightning bolt at Spekkio.

Spekkio dodged the attack and hurled a fireball at her. Taryn threw an Ice blast at the fireball, which froze and hit the ground.

"Hmm, not too bad. But can you handle this?" Spekkio thundered as he began casting Dark Bomb.

Taryn quickly cast Dark Mist, which caused the room to become misty, not allowing Spekkio to see Taryn. During Spekkio’s confusion, Taryn casted Dark Matter, the strongest of all Black Magic, which defeated Spekkio.

"Ha, I won!" Taryn cheered in triumph.

"Grrr, that was most embarrassing," Spekkio muttered.

Then they heard the sound of the Epoch approaching, and saw the others disembark. "We’re back!" Magus announced.

"Great, get this kid away from me," Spekkio groaned.

"I’m not a kid," Taryn told him.

Lucca walked up to Taryn. "This is the girl?" she asked Magus.

"Do you see any other girls here?" Taryn snapped.

"I couldn’t really tell, you dress like a boy," Lucca retorted.

Taryn quickly raised her hand and slapped Lucca. "At least I don’t look like I belong in a museum of modern art."

Lucca became angry. "You want to fight me?" Lucca demanded, pulling out her gun, the Wondershot.

Taryn laughed. "Bring it on, why should I be afraid of you?"

Marle quickly stood between the two. "Come on guys, what do you have to gain by fighting?"

"My dignity," Taryn growled.

Gaspar rammed his staff into the ground. "Stop it, all of you, we have bigger problems."

"What exactly are the problems?" Crono asked.

"You all may think that the problem is just this girl coming though a Gate, but there are bigger problems," Gaspar replied.

"Like what?" Magus wondered.

Gaspar cleared his throat. "There is a very powerful wizard who gains his power by stealing it from others. He has a staff that, if struck by lightning, can reveal the person who has the most magical energy. But he must have used up too much energy looking for this new person, which caused the Gates to reappear, plus a few new Gates."

"Which explains why she is here," Marle said, pointing to Taryn.

"‘She’ has a name, you know. And it’s Taryn," Taryn told them.

"So what you’re saying is that we have to find this wizard," Crono said.

Magus stepped forward. "Absurd! What we need to do is find the person with this powerful energy."

"That’s crazy! It would be like finding this person for the wizard," Lucca argued.

"I agree with the modern art. We should find the wizard and take him out!" Taryn declared.

"I’m not ‘modern art!’ My name is Lucca!"

"Well, I say that we should get the others. That way we can have eight people looking instead of six," Crono pointed out.

"Yes well, you and Lucca do that, I should take Taryn to see Melchoir, maybe he can get her a weapon," Magus suggested.

Taryn flexed her muscles. "I don’t need a weapon. I have 120 pounds of muscle!" she bragged.

"You look weak to me," Lucca told her.

"Who asked you?" Taryn demanded.

"Alright, that’s enough," Marle told them.

As Crono and Lucca boarded the Epoch to go find Robo and Ayla, Magus and Taryn went to Medina Village in the year 1001 A.D.

.

Go To Chapter 3

Return To CT Fanfic