The Bastard Son Chapter 7

By Foeciusfoe

Shulan Manor: Servants quarters.

Jowy awakes to find Sara already gone. Its juts as well, he had wanted to explore the city alone for a bit. He pulled on his boots, and slid on a shirt before he exited the addition to the mansion. The Manor was a bustling with activity. Sara wasn't kidding when she said her mistress would make the household crazy with preparations.

Jowy strolled through the manor looking for an exit. While walking he passed the room of the young boy he had rescued, Deakin. He could here Sara's voice coming through the doorway. He leaned against the doorframe and opened the door just a bit. Peering in from the crack of the door, he could see Sara kneeling next to the boy. Her soft voice explaining to the boy that he was going to meat someone special that night.

"She would make a great mother." Jowy thought as he watched her with the young boy. She was caring and attentive, just as Jillia had been. The light-hearted laughter bellowing from the child as she played with him, reminded him of little Pilika when he had first met her. So innocent and playful, so happy and full of life…"Someday I will return to them." Jowy assured himself. "Someday…"

Figuring it was best to leave before he became to depressed to do anything, Jowy turned and headed out the cook's entrance. The commotion in the streets was deafening. Gregminister, the capital of the Toran republic, was in its hay day. The splendor of the city surpassed even L'renoulie in beauty. The activity of the square surpassed even the great city of Muse. It was amazing. "I hope I don't get lost…" Jowy thought.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

"The McDohl boy, he too has arrived." Kraze spoke lightly.

"You are sure of this?" Valyn asked.

"Yes, sir." He began, "He arrived last night, the entire gate guard was there."

"Excellent." Valyn said, deviously. "Are your men in place to intercept the Atreides boy?"

"Of course, sir." Kraze said, sniveling just a bit.

"Good." Valyn spoke. "You are proving yourself less incompetent every day."

Somewhat nervous that that statement was a signal for his Kayamusa to bring about some unspeakable pain, Kraze spoke nervously. "If you don't mind me asking my liege, where is your associate?"

"The lovely Kayamusa, is currently visiting a friend of hers in the city. I'm sure you'll here about it tomorrow."

………………………………………………………………………………………………

The royal Cottage

The small home, frequented by the six great generals when they visit Gregminister, is currently inhabited by the vice chancellor of Rokkaku. Kasumi has been awake for some time, yet she has remained in her bedroom. The previous night was so magical for her. She has had feelings for Martin for years, and finally she has received some retaliation. She was so happy. Yet she still felt somewhat insecure.

THUNK THUNK THUNK, The sound of three Chinese stars flying into the far wall awakes Kasumi from her trance. She turns, drawing her Sakura in preparation to engage whatever foe awaited her.

To her surprise the room was empty. She turned again to her doorway to see a red blur slowly fade from sight. Instinctively, Kasumi turned and raised her Sakura before her eyes. K'Tchinnk. The sound of yet another Chinese star deflected by her blade. This time she was face to face with her assailant. A crimson ninja in Dragon stance stood in her midst, two Chinese stars in her hand.

"Who are you?!" Kasumi shouted.

"I don't believe we've met, Ms. Vice Chancellor. My name is Kayamusa."

"I've heard of you." Kasumi said leaning back into her tiger stance. "And as Vice-Chancellor of Rokkaku, I will bring you to justice."

"I think you grossly over estimate your chances." Kayamusa hinted from behind her crimson mask. "I have progressed in my training since my defeat by Hanzo. My skill is unmatchable"

"Now who is over confidant?" Kasumi smirked.

"I can afford to be confidant. I don't lose." Kayamusa said.

Kasumi smiled. "Well as you said, Kayamusa, We've never met before."

.

Suikoden Fanfic