The Beginning Of The End Chapter 1

It Finally Happened

By John Donahue

"You may now kiss the bride," said the minister.

Crono turned to Marle, lifted her veil, and kissed her. The crowd erupted into cheering.

Everyone had turned out for this wedding. Even time wasn't a barrier. It took quite an effort, but eventually Lucca got everyone into the Present.

Crono and Marle walked down the aisle to where Lucca was waiting for them.

"So you two, you finally pulled it off, hmm? Took you long enough," she said.

Crono and Marle just looked at each other and grinned.

"Come on, then, you crazy lovebirds. Where to?" Lucca asked as they boarded Epoch.

"Just...fly," stated Crono simply. He was quite handsome in his tux. When he had entered the church, half the congregation had nearly fainted. He had straightened his hair (his mom had made him).

If Crono was handsome, Marle was downright gorgeous. She was wearing her mother's wedding gown, about two pounds of makeup, and of course, her pendant. All through the ceremony it had been emitting a strange glow.

"Alright, world tour, coming up. Let's see here..." Lucca adjusted some dials. "On your right, the majestic castle of Gaurdia. Continuing on, we see the town of Truce to the Right, and Fiona's forest to the left. Even further that way, we se-" she stopped in the middle of a word.

"Lucca, what's wrong?" asked Marle.

"I don't know, we're gaining speed, a lot."

"Can you stop it?"

"No... this can't be happening...our speed is impossible! This is too fast, even for entering Time Drive!"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." muttered Crono.

"We're entering the Time Stream!" yelled Lucca.

The familiar swirl pattern began. "Uh-oh," whispered Marle.

"This is bad, very bad," said Lucca.

"Look!" shouted Crono, pointing out the window.

Epoch's right wing was starting to shake. Marle clutched Crono and Lucca clutched the wheel. With a groan, the wing tore free, and Epoch went tumbling through Time, with Crono, Marle and Lucca inside.

"Odd..." said Frog to no one in particular. "It be not like them to leave without saying goodbye. And so fast as well," he trailed off. Then, his amphibious eyes sparkled, and he realized what happened. "Oh, no," he moaned, then left to tell the others of the newlywed's fate.

.

Go To Chapter 2

Return To CT Fanfic