An Evil Beyond Lavos Chapter 14

By Kaeru

Many people watched in amazement as the B-Zar came down from the sky. The people came out of their houses to greet the strange travelers. "Welcome!" the mayor cried. "What is it you would like?"

"I want to speak with Tetsuro," Chrono replied.

A few people gasped. "Tetsuro?" asked the mayor. "I think you have the wrong name."

"I want to speak with Tetsuro," Chrono said again. The mayor pointed to a hut at the shore, far from the other houses. Chrono, Robo, and Ayla walked to the house and knocked. There was no answer. He knocked again, and a young man, about Chrono's age, opened the door. He had black hair to his shoulders and cold eyes. "What do you want?"

"My name's Chrono-"

"Chrono?" interuptted Tetsuro. I thought I knew your face. Chrono! Do you remember me?"

"Um, no."

"Oh yeah!" said Tetsuro. "You probably know me- or knew me- as TaTa. When my dad died, l was really angry. The king's troops killed him. I rebelled against the kingdom, and I got away. In a way, I'm holding this town ransom. If anyone says anything, I kill them."

"That isn't the way you should do things," Robo said.

"Well, they did kill Dad."

"Listen," Chrono said. "We need your help. In the year 3999, something terrible will happen. We need your help to prevent this from happening."

"What can I do? I'm only an outlaw in a small town."

"The man who know all tell us you help us much," Ayla said.

"Oh."

"C'mon," Chrono said. "Let's get going."

* * * *

Chrono, Ayla, Robo and Tetsuro landed in the year 3999 a.d.

"Where do you think this young man is?" asked Robo. He scanned for any heat traces, but to no avail. Behind them, a man with flowing blond hair approached. "You are on my territory," he said.

"Whoa, hold on," said Tetsuro. He held his hands up. "We're looking for someone, that's all."

"Well, if that guy is either not on my land or he's dead."

"His name is Freedan." Chrono said, looking for information.

"The man looked ready to kill them. "How do you know my name?"

"You Freedan?" asked Ayla.

"Yes."

"We need your help," said Chrono. "In about 5 hours, something really bad is anout to happen. A man by the name of Kao is going to come and destroy your territory. He's going to destroy everyone on earth. You, everyone you know. If you don't help us stop this from happening, this will be your reality."

"I want to blow your brains out your ear right now," said Freedan. "But I have this gut feeling you're right. I like to listen to my gut. So, where is this Kao character?"

"We'll get to that," said Chrono. "But now, you need to be taught magic."

"Magic?" asked Freedan. "I got your magic right here." He cast a Dark Bomb on a nearby plant, withering its flowers. Tetsuro, Ayla, and Chrono watched in amazement. "Where'd you learn that?"

"My mom."

"What about your dad?" asked Tetsuro.

"Never met him. When I was born, He wasn't there."

"Oh. I'm sorry," said Tetsuro sincerely.

"Don't be. I bet he never knew magic, anyway."

"Well," Chrono said. "Time to head back to the End of Time."

.

Go To Chapter 15

Return To CT Fanfic