An Evil Beyond Lavos Chapter 9

By Kaeru

"Why are you at my house?" asked Owen groggily. It was 7:00 in the morning, and there were two kids from his school, as well as some other kid, standing on his doorstep.

"It's a long story. It's also an emergency, so get dressed and come quick."

Owen did as he was told, and by the time he got there, the person with blue hair was gone. Chinook and Terr were waiting in a small jet with three seats.

"Sweet gear!" Owen said, looking at the Epoch admiringly. "Where'd ya get this?"

"I'll explain later," Terr said. "Hop in."

* * * *

Terr, Chinook, and Owen returned to the end of time. "Where am I?" Owen half-demanded, half-asked.

"This is the End of Time,'' replied Gaspar. "Welcome."

Magus eyed Owen suspiciously. He suddenly turned and left to the room with pillars of light. Glenn followed right behind him.

"Why don't you give the young man a regard?" Glenn demanded.

"There's something not right about him. Almost... familiar." Magus replied.

"What be you saying?"

"Something's not right about the boy..."

Magus remembered the day perfectly. He was only five years of age, he thought to himself. That horrible day...

"Wake'th up, Magus!" Glenn shouted at Magus, shaking him. "Thy went into a deep trance. We hath been trying to revive you for the last fifteen minutes!"

"Yeah, Magus," Owen said. "I don't believe we've met. My name's... Owen."

"Uh, hi," was the only reply he got.

Terr changed the subject. "Uh, how about we get Owen his magic?"

Spekkio, who was standing behind them, seemed uneasy. "Uh, no. Not yet, anyway."

Everyone went back to the streetlamp room, except Terr, Chinook, Stram, and Ti'ana.

"Is it just me, or is there something big going on here?" asked Terr.

Chinook and Ti'ana exchanged glances. "I don't know, but it's way over my head," replied Ti'ana. She looked at Stram.

He tsked and replied, "Don't look at me!"

"I think it's time to get a better look at this," Ti'ana said. She morphed into a fly, and joined Gaspar and Spekkio in the magic room. Stram decided to try and talk to Magus, and Terr and Chinook went to Owen.

"Owen," Terr said slowly, looking Owen in the eyes. "You haven't been acting normal lately. You've always been so... quiet."

"Well," he began, "It hasn't been very normal around here lately. I mean, two people who you don't even know that well come knocking at your door, take you away in a jet that rips through the fabric of time, and at the end of time there's a wizard who's afraid of me. What, would you act normal?" Owen took a deep breath, and exhaled. "Look, I'm sorry if I'm not me. I'm just tired."

"Uh, okay," Chinook said. Terr was satisfied, but Chinook wasn't. They walked away, and Chinook said, "I don't believe it."

"Don't believe what?" Terr replied. "You acted wierd when we first got here. You thought you were like, Xena Warrrior Princess or something."

"I guess," she replied.

* * * *

"Where would be the safest place to send them?" asked Spekkio.

"Well," Gaspar began. "The Silent Shadowland, in 4500 a.d. would be good. There's no one there that could get hurt."

Spekkio agreed. "So be it. Magus, Ti'ana, Stram, Glenn, and... Diablo will go." he looked at Gaspar, and said, "we better send them now."

Ti'ana quickly buzzed away, to tell the others what she found out.

* * * *

Stram stepped up to Magus, and asked, "What's up with you and Owen? It's almost as if you guys... know each other."

"Indeed," replied Magus. "He just reminds me of someone."

"Tell me," Stram pleaded.

Magus sighed, and began speaking. "I was only five years of age when it happened.

"It started in the kingdom of Zeal, before the rein of Lavos. I was playing with a boy named Cyprus. He... he was my brother. We were the best of friends, even though we were five years apart. He had showed great talent in magic, even more than Schala. But there was a band of wizards who thought he, and I and Schala were problems. They were led by an insane wizard with amazing powers. His name was Diablo.

"That day Diablo made his first move. He attacked me with an evil weapon- the Ruby Knife. He slashed my arm. Cyprus, being a true friend, attacked Diablo. I remember his exact words- 'Janus! Tell mother we have been attacked!'. I ran to mother. Meanwhile, the battle between Cyprus and Diablo continued.

"I ran to mother, and she sent out all the troops to the place we had been attacked. When they got there, Cyprus was dead.

"They had captured Diablo, and sentenced him to death. He was killed, and his last words were, 'Mere death will not stop me! I will be reborn and I shall murder the remaining two children of the throne!'. And with that, he was beheaded. But he was reborn. To the body of a bull with horns of steel.

"I swore that day that one day I would find him and get rid of him for good."

Stram looked at Magus with deep concern. "I'm very sorry. Just... don't do anything to Owen out there that you may regret."

Magus nodded. Stram walked away to tell the others what he had learned.

There was a large meeting between Chinook, Ti'ana, Stram, Terr, Crono, Lucca, Glenn, Ayla, Marle, and Robo.

"Should we tell Magus?" asked Glenn.

"No," replied Crono. "It wouldn't seem right."

"Besides," Ti'ana said. "He's rip the kid to bits. What if we're wrong?"

"I agree," added Marle. "Let's let things slide, and see how it goes."

"But it'll catch you guys way off guard!" Chinook exclaimed.

Glenn looked at her sadly. "'tis a desicion Ti'ana, Stram and I must make."

Chinook looked at Glenn, then Stram, then Ti'ana. Say 'aye' if agree, 'nay' if you disagree.

"Aye," said Ti'ana.

"Aye," said Stram.

"Aye," said Glenn.

"Very well then; it's settled." said Crono. "We don't tell Magus."

"One more thing," said Marle. "How are five people going to go?"

"I wanted to keep it a secret," Lucca said. "I guess it's out now. I just invented a machine that carries five people through time at once. Is that cool or what?"

"Cool!" said Marle. "But what will we name it?"

"I named it after the inventor of time travel. It's called the B-Zar, named after the great scientist Belthesar."

"I like it!" Terr said happily.

Everyone agreed that the name was good. Chinook had one thing left, though. "If it isn't the real Owen, where IS the real Owen?"

"We'll figure that out later," Crono said. "For now, let's get this over with."

.

Go To Chapter 10

Return To CT Fanfic