Specter of the Past Chapter 2

By KrossRodes

Crono sat silently in his room, waiting for midnight to come. He had done as the strange person asked and not told anyone. Not even Lucca. He didn't want to disturb her research, anyway. Besides, he thought, he should be able to defeat this person. He had helped defeat Lavos, and he does have very strong magical powers. With his powers and his strong weapons and armor he should be able to defeat this new foe.

All these thoughts kept running through his mind, but it didn't relax him. He got up and began pacing around the room.

"Maybe I should tell Lucca," Crono said to himself. "She would be a big help and her brilliance could figure out a good plan. But if the person would find out, he would probably hurt Marle and my mom. Why doesn't Marle help herself? She does have magical powers, like I do. Maybe something extremely powerful captured her. What am I going to do?"

Then, he sat down and tried to calm himself.

"I'll find a way to get through this, I just know I will."

Crono got ready for midnight. He put on his Moon Armor, made sure he had his strongest bracers on, and fastened his Rainbow Sword to his belt. He also made sure he had enough tonics, elixirs, and potions with him in case something went seriously wrong.

As he packed the last potion in to the pouch on his belt, the clock in his room struck midnight.

Crono ran downstairs and opened the door. Nobody seemed to be at the Town Square, but he began to go their anyway.

As he walked to the Town Square, he remembered the Millennial Fair that was held there a year and a half ago. He thought of the first time he fought Gato, Lucca's battle robot, and when he first "ran into" Marle, or, as she is more royally named, Princess Nadia.

Soon he reached the entrance to the Square. He slowly walked towards the fountain.

As Crono was looking around to see if anyone was there, he heard a voice that said, "So you came."

He couldn't tell where the voice was coming from, so he said, "Who are you and what do you want?"

"Wouldn't you like to know..." said the voice.

Frustrated, Crono said, "Show yourself!" As he drew his sword the hooded figure stepped out from behind the fountain. He still couldn't see his face.

"Show me your face or I will run this sword through you!" Crono shouted. He was tired of all the mystery and just wanted Marle and his mom back.

"Very well," said the figure. He pulled of his hood.

"No! It can't be!" said Crono, more astonished than he had ever been. He just couldn't believe who it was.

.

Go To Chapter 3

Return To CT Fanfic