Sparks of War Chapter 11

Revival...

By Limited Moon

"THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE," Throx said to himself watching Stahn materialize from the shadows, "RESMAH IS RESPONSIBLE...THIS COULD ACTUALLY BE VERY INTERESTING, WHAT COULD RESMAH'S TRUE MOTIVES BE...I MUST KEEP AN EYE ON HIM..." and with that, he disappeared in a large beam of light.

"What was that?" Chelsea said, looking up from Stahn.

"Hmmm....none of this is good....none of this at all," Garr said.

"What about the others? Rutee, Bruiser, Philia and Lilith?!" Mary asked Garr.

"This isn't a good sign, Mary, they could be...dead..." Garr replied.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

They took Stahn to Phandaria Castle, where Garr, the King, ordered Stahn into intensive care. Now, he counseled with Chelsea, Mary and his Chancellor in the throne room.

"We need a change of plans, Karyl's gone, and now Stahn's entire group is gone. We cannot mourn now, Selene and her advocates are ferocious and powerful, they MUST bee stopped," Garr announced.

"I don't understand why Karyl would walk out on us like this..." Chelsea said.

"I didn't..."

The voice came from the door, Karyl was walking in with Dorien on his shoulder.

"I was ambushed," he said.

"The master fought bravely, he seems to use a Sword better than I speculated," Dorien said.

"How can you be fighting a monster for a day and a half Karyl?!" Mary said suspiciously.

"He called for reinforcements, and I was taken hostage. The damn thing didn't have me for very long, but he managed to take me far away from the camp. You can imagine how surprised I was to see you all gone," Karyl replied to her.

"Well, this certainly helps us out a lot, good to have you back Karyl. However, I will be a little less trusting until you can show me you're the real thing," Garr said.

"Of course i'm real, and Dorien would gladly vouch in my defense," Karyl said, offended.

A nurse walked into the throne room, interrupting the counsel. She simply gave Garr a note and walked back out.

Garr looked at the note, "Oh, this is good, Stahn's recovering, he was suffering from a major case of physical exhaustion, it seems."

"Oh, i'm so glad he's okay, can I visit him, Garr?!" Chelsea jumped up and down.

"Uh, sure Chelsea."

"YES!"

Chelsea ran out of the room madly, everyone else just shook their heads.

"She's just a kid, Garr, give her a chance," Karyl said.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

A knock came at the door of the Castle Infirmary. The nurse answered it to see a woman covered in robes, it was impossible to identify her.

"I am a friend of Garr's and a close friend of Stahn's, I would like to see him, alone," was all she could say.

"I'm sorry maam only..."

The woman put the palm of her hand on the nurses forehead and the nurse collapsed.

"You have a fever," the woman said, "you must get plenty of rest from now on, ahahahahaahahah!"

She closed the door and walked toward's the bed where Stahn laid, barely conscious. She simply smiled, and threw the robes off, it was Selene.

"You think you can get away that easily...i'm still not done with you YET, handsome!" she cackled.

She heard the door open behind her and looked over her shoulder, a little girl in pink clothing and with pink hair had walked in, it was Chelsea. A minute after looking at Selene, she drew her bow.

"Hey, I know you! You're Selene, get away from Stahn!" she said.

Selene looked at her, and began to laugh. Hard. She then put her finger up into the air, and the room and all it's details simply faded away into a weird multicolored battlefield.

"Chelsea, you REALLY think you can beat me, i'll give you a fair chance then, here and now!" Selen cackled, "you wont win however..."

Chelsea simply took out several arrows and raised her bow, "this is for kidnapping me!! ANDIKAY!!"

She released them and they fell upon Selene in a storm. She tried to cover herself but the arrows were still hurting her.

Chelsea took out another arrow and aimed as Selene was still getting pelted with arrows, "THIS is for Philia, Bruiser, Rutee and Lilith!!!"

She shot it and screamed, "GOOD NIGHT!" and a lightning bolt struck it, electrifying it as it pierced Selene's skin.

"Damn, you're a little stronger than I thought, brat! I shouldn't have underestimated you, but you wont be winning for long!" Selene screamed as she raised her hand, lightning began to come down upon Chelsea. All she could do was roll out of it's way. Selene, in anger, summoned another bolt, Chelsea rolled out of it's way and drew another arrow.

"and you, you witch, THIS is for STAHN!!!" she screamed.

"You wont be able to hurt me anymore you little wench, I know better than that now!" Selene yelled.

"She yelled, "ANDIKAY...PAH!" as she raised the arrow into the air, she fired it and lightning began to strike. She simply pointed at Selene, and lightning powered arrows rained upon Selene.

"No, this can't be, I HAVE NEVER BEEN DEFEATED BEFORE!" Selene screamed as arrows pierced her and filled her with pain.

Her body ripped apart as the arrows decimated her. She caught on fire and burned out of existence. Chelsea looked on, and smiled. I, I beat her...I can't believe it..., she thought smiling.

The Infirmary began to fade back into existence, and soon everything was as if nothing happened at all. Well, the nurse was still on the ground.

Chelsea smiled and jumped up into the air, "I BEAT SELENE! I BEAT SELENE! YAAAAY!"

She ran back to the throne room as fast as possible to tell Garr and everyone what she did. She finally was truly able to protect one of her friends at last.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

The nurse got back up, and shook her head. She raised her hands, and her body gleamed with light. It was Throx.

"WHAT A FOOL SHE WAS, UNDERESTIMATING A MASTER ARCHER ONLY BECAUSE OF AGE, SHE DESERVED HER HUMILIATING DEATH," he said to himself.

He walked over to Stahn, and noticed a crystal gleaming from his bag.

"AH, RESMAH, YOUR PLAN FAILED. YOU WERE GOING TO GET THIS CRYSTAL, NO? HA, I THINK I CAN CRUSH THAT DREAM."

He grabbed the crystal, and crushed it in his hand.

"ONLY ONE MORE CRYSTAL LEFT, AND THE MASTER IS FREE. I WILL LEAVE YOU HERE FOR NOW HOST, BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES, WE CAN MEET FACE-TO-FACE."

He then disappeared in a beam of light, laughing.

Chelsea ran into the throne room, looking very happy. Everyone wasn't really surprised because she was just happy to see Stahn. The story she told, however, was unbelievable.

"Chelsea, how could you have beaten Selene?!" Garr said, "she probably only manipulated your mind to think so."

"GARR! PLEASE BELIEVE ME! I used something on her when she was off guard, it was a brand new technique, Garr. I beat her!!" Chelsea pleaded with the stubborn king. He only sighed.

"Chelsea, look at me," Karyl said, "you REALLY beat Selene, all by yourself, in a small infirmary?"

"Not in the infirmary, Karyl, she created some void for us to fight in," Chelsea argued, "you should've seen it!"

"Maybe, just maybe, Chelsea is telling the truth," Garr said, "from what i've seen Selene is a very condescending person, she could've completely underestimated Chelsea's ability and gave Chelsea a chance to get in some powerful hits."

"Well, now that Selene is gone, it only makes it easier for us, right?" Karyl said.

"Maybe, but I have a feeling that behind Selene is someone much stronger, this is a step up. However, i'm not sure if it's going to be any easier from now on..," was all Garr could say.

.

Go To Chapter 12

Return to ToD Fanfic