"For Guardia!" Chapter 2

Remembering Forgotten Friends

By Master Odin

2015 AD; EARTH B9-14PS2

A woman in her mid-thirties entered the office of the owner/president of Aran Technologies. She had long blonde hair and a slender build. She walked up to the desk where a man, also in his mid-thirties, was sitting looking over some job contracts.

"Jeremiah," she said as she approached the desk.

Jeremiah Michael Aran III looked up from the contracts at his wife. He had grown a beard and mustache and his dark brown hair showed signs of graying. "Oh, hello, Amy. What do you need?"

Amy Leigh Aran grinned at her husband. He took off his glasses and leaned back in his chair. "What do you want now?" he said with a slight tone of annoyance in his voice.

"What makes you think that I want something?" she asked innocently.

"I've been married to you for fifteen years. We've had a beautiful daughter and a handsome son together. I know that look."

Amy frowned a little. "I had to marry a genius with photographic memory, didn't I?"

Jeremiah got up, walked over to his wife, and took her into his arms. The top of her head came to right above his chin. They gazed into each other's eyes. "No, but if you ever thought I was going to let you go without a fight, you've got another thing coming." He bent his head down and kissed her. He then picked her up and sat her on the desk. "Now what is it. You know I have trouble saying 'no' to you."

"I want you to reconsider."

Jeremiah looked at her, a curious look on his face. "Reconsider what?"

"Going to see Crono and Marle."

Jeremiah sighed and returned to his chair and sat down. "Not this discussion again." He massaged the bridge of his nose. "Look, Amy, we've had this discussion at least a hundred times."

"But I want to see how things turned out!"

"So do I, but this isn't like going across town to see some friends."

"Why not?"

"Two things. First, when we became the Knights of Zecroes, we vowed never to use our powers or our technology for our own personal desires."

"Tome did not make you take that vow! You were going to receive the powers anyway."

"I know, we decided to take it ourselves, and Tome is holding us to it. The other thing is that just because they gave us a copy of their ship's schematics doesn't give us the right to go gallivanting through other universes. Who knows how our presence will affect their timeline. Obviously they understand this, or they would have probably have returned to see us."

"But-"

"Face it. You lost again."

"He would also have the logic of a Venra, too, wouldn't he?" she added to her previous comment about her husband.

.

Go To Chapter 3

Return To CC Fanfic
Return To CT Fanfic