"For Guardia!" Chapter 22

Lost and Found

By Master Odin

Meanwhile, as Crono was pondering the plan created by Jeremiah and Mario, Lucca left Sean to talk to Magus. She lean against the wall next to him and placed her hand on her chin to mock the dark wizard's ever-pondering pose. A small smile crossed her lips as she saw Magus' eyes look at her. He made to backhand her, but she ducked the swing. When she stood back up the smile had left her face.

"It's good to see that you are happy that I'm back," she said as she crossed her arms and leaned back against the wall.

"We haven't had time," he said coldly. "Crono and them have been on you like flies on shit ever since you returned." He gave her a side glance. "You know how I feel about public displays of affection."

A seductive grin crossed Lucca's lips as she turned and tugged on his cape. "Then let's go outside somewhere. Then you can show me some private displays of affection."

A rare thing appeared on Magus' face: a smile. "Go ahead. I'll be out in a moment."

Lucca headed for the exit. Magus was going to wait, but as he watched her walk away he quickly changed his mind. He hurried after her, failing at his attempt to look angry. The smile just wouldn't leave his face. He followed her up the stairs and out of the trunk.

"This way," he ordered as he headed behind the large tree.

Lucca followed him until they were deep into the forest behind the tree house. Once he had found a suitable place out of site from the great tree Magus spun around and took Lucca into his arms, cupping one of his hands on her cheek. He then bent down and kissed her. Lucca was a little shocked by the suddenness of his actions, but quickly gave in as she wraped her arms around his neck and returned his passionate kiss.

When they pulled their faces away from each other Lucca had a smile on her face from ear to ear, and Magus had one just like it like his. "It has been ten long years since I have been this happy," he told her as he looked into her emerald eyes.

If Lucca's smile could have gotten any wider, it would have. "Then we have a lot of catching up to do, and don't let the need for air stop you." Once again they embraced each other in a passionate kiss.

After several moments they had to come up for air. When they did Magus decided to sit against the nearest tree, and Lucca promptly sat in his lap. Magus wrapped his arms around her.

"You don't know how I longed to feel these arms around me when they had me tied to that chair," Lucca said as she rested her hands on his. "I was so scared. I was just waiting for you to come charging in there, killing everything in sight just to save me," she drooped her head, "but you didn't."

Magus waited a moment to let her words settle, then told her, "When I returned that day you were taken, I told the others that was going to resume my search for Schala, but that was a lie. I went looking for you. I followed Lynx and Harle's trail to that strange complex. There I found you, but it was too late. You were already dead. There was nothing more I could do for you, and vengance would only get me killed, so I went and buried your body, then returned to my own time after the fall of Zeal, in the hope that maybe Gaspar was wrong about Schala.

"But now, now I have the two women who mean the world to me back," he nuzzled her cheek with his nose, "and I have the White Dragoon to thank for bringing you back to me."

Lucca gave Magus a seductive grin. "Remember what I said about having a lot of catching up to do?"

* * * * *

Crono stepped out of the trunk of the great tree to look for Magus and Lucca. When he looked around he saw man about his age walking toward him. The man stood six feet tall and had a solid build and an arrogant strut. He had long black hair pulled back into a tail, with a thick bushy mustache and eyebrows to match. He wore a black leather vest with baggy black leather pants tucked into his brown and black boots. A wide leather belt with a large buckle held his outfit together. Around his neck was tied a red kerchief, with one of the tails hangind down his barrel-like chest to his belt. Tattoed on his left should joint was a skull with black eagle wings on the sides. A cigar hung from his mouth.

"Captain Fargo!" Crono hailed as he saw the pirate walking toward the hidden shelter. "Have seen where Lucca and Magus went?"

"Aye, Yer Highness!" Fargo grunted back, bowing at the waste. "Ye be looking fer that bonnie lass with the specticles, eh?" Crono nodded. "I ken I saw 'er go back inta the woods with that pale lookin' feller. Seemed they be lookin' fer some privacy, if ya ken what I be sayin'."

"Uh, right," Crono said with nod. "Thank you."

Crono entered the woods behind the giant tree. He followed what appeared to be a newer trail until he heard some noises. He stopped and drew his sword, listening for where the noise was coming from. He heard some leaves rustling and what sounded like a woman moaning softly. Then he heard Lucca's voice, and what heard her say made him drop his sword and stand there in shock. He quickly turned and stumbled back to the shelter, forgetting his sword.

Marle saw Crono enter the shelter, the look on his face was as though he had seen a ghost. She ran to him, placing her hands gently on his shoulders. "What's wrong?" she asked him.

"Um, um, L-Lucca a-and M-M-Magus...." he stuttered. "They, they were...."

"What?! What's wrong?" she asked again. Crono looked at his wife and queen, and the expresion on his face told her all she needed to know. She dropped her arms and gave him a dirty look. "You mean to tell me that you didn't know they were lovers?"

Crono looked at her, his face revealing an even greater shock. "You knew?!"

"Yeah," she said with a nod. "I thought you did, too. She is your best friend."

"But, but.... I need to sit down."

Crono stammered over to the nearest bed and sat down. Marle sat down next to him. "She told you?" he asked her.

Marle shook her head. "No, but it wasn't difficult to see. She always started acting wierd around him, especially right before we decided to go look for your father."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

Marle shrugged. "I figured you knew. That, and it was obvious that Lucca and Magus didn't want it to be talked about, so I didn't."

Crono looked her in the eye. "You don't have a problem with this?"

"No," she said with a shake of her head. "Do you?"

Crono was silent for a moment. "Yes," he answered, looking away and standing up. "Yes I do. It just seemed so wierd. I mean, Magus!" he turned back to his wife.

Marle stood up behind him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "Magus may seem cold-hearted, but he really is a good person. He loves Lucca, more so than he does even Schala, and look at what all he went through just to find her and be with her again. He would do the same if not more for Lucca."

"But­"

"But nothing. You know I'm right, so end of discussion."

Crono hated it when she was right, but there was no denying it this time. Lucca loved Magus, and Magus returned her feelings. "Alright."

A seductive grin crossed Marle's lips as she stroked his chest with her finger. "Speaking of which, you know what we haven't done in a while?"

Crono looked back at her. "What? You want to back into the woods, too?"

"No," she answered slowly. "I was thinking maybe commendeering one of the quarters one Fargo's ship."

Crono grinned. "Alright. I'll talk to him, but it will have to wait to later. We need to brief our 'army' of the plan."

.

Chapter 23

Chrono Cross Fanfic
Chrono Trigger Fanfic