Holy War Chapter 2

Party Crashers

By Master Odin

It was nearing dusk when Bryant's ship drew near Bahamut's Isle. Bryant told the mysterious stranger to remain in the ship while he took the canoe to shore. Bryant entered Bahamut's Cave. He recalled the last time he was here when the Dragon King had blessed the four Light Warriors with a Class Upgrade. As he neared the throne of Bahamut, he saw Nestor listening intently to the Dragon King's teachings.

"Who goes there?" The mighty dragon roared.

Bryant drew his sword and laid it on the ground as he knelt before the Dragon King. "Sire, 'tis I, Bryant the Noble Knight."

"What is it that you want?"

"I hath been told of a possible danger to our world. I hath come into thine presence to retrieve mine friend, Nestor the Wise Master."

"Nestor," Bahamut said, his voice still thundering throughout the cavern, "your friend needs your help. Do you wish to be by his side?"

"Yes, sire."

"Then go."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," the two Warriors said in unison. They got up, bowed to Bahamut, and left.

*****

The next day around noon, Bryant, Nestor and Hyroniemus stood outside the prison of Coneria. They were waiting for Teshi's release.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!" came the familiar ranting of their friend. Two guards were escorting Teshi out in a rather rough manner. The guard in front of him was carrying his weapon and armor.

"Is this man your friend?" the front guard asked as he approached the other three.

"Unfortunately, we do claim him as such," Nestor said with a slight shake of his head.

The guard handed Nestor Teshi's things. "Try to keep him out of trouble."

The other two guards pushed Teshi into Bryant. Teshi immediately spun around and started for the guards, but Bryant got a hold of him and held him back.

Nestor shook his head. "Not even out of prison for a minute and you're already trying to get back in."

Teshi calmed himself. "Nice of you guys to come. Where were you when I needed you, like at the trial!?"

"Our word wouldst have done thee no good."

"Besides," Nestor added with a grin on his face, "I would have told them let you rot in jail for the rest of your life."

Teshi looked at Nestor closely. "I-is that a joke I just heard?" Nestor grinned again. "Well I'll be damned! You did learn something during our journey."

Hyroniemus looked at them. "We have no time for this. We must hurry if we are to stop Donovan from marrying Ayanna."

Teshi looked at Hyroniemus. "Who's the joker?"

"Hyro­, Hyro­," Nestor started to answer.

"Hyroniemus," the man answered. "I am here to tell of a grave danger."

"Yeah, whatever," Teshi said with a shrug. "Well, c'mon. Hyro. Let's go."

"Hyro?" the man said with a raised eyebrow.

Nestor grinned. "For once, the kid has had a bright idea."

Bryant slapped Hyroniemus on the back. "Looks like thou hast been given a new name, Hyro. I must agree, 'tis easier to pronounce than thy original name."

"It is an insult!"

"Actually, 'tis proof that thou hast been accepted. Let us be off."

 

Ayanna was crying in the bride's waiting room when her father, a fat nobleman, came in.

"Why are you crying?" he asked as he drew near her. "This should be the happiest day of your life."

Ayanna spun around. "Why?! Because I'm being forced to marry a man I don't love?!"

"Now, now," he said. "Your mother and I were an arranged marriage as well, and look at how well we turned out."

Ayanna just turned away. They could hear the music from the hall getting louder, signaling that it was nearing time for the wedding to begin.

 

Ayanna and her father entered the large hall where the wedding was taking place. She looked up and saw the man she was going to marry. He was a tall, slender, dark skinned man. With the exception of a long, braided tail, his head was bald. He wore black robes and a sword forged from a dark steel hung from his right hip. His right hand was bare while his left hand had a black leather glove on it.

Ayanna's father escorted her to the altar. As they made their way, Ayanna scanned those gathered for her friends, but could not find them.

"Who gives this woman away to be wed?" the priest asked to begin the ceremony.

"I, Absolom, give my daughter away to be wed," her father answered, then placed her hand into Donovan's hand.

"Nobleman Donovan, what is the pledge that you give unto this woman?"

"I, Donovan Dercnicht, do pledge unto this woman­" He was interrupted by a loud pounding at the hall's doors. After a few moments the doors were knocked down. Behind where the doors were was Hyro and the other Light Warriors.

"Sorry 'bout that," Teshi said with a cocky grin on his face. "We tried knocking, but no one answered."

"Bryant!" Ayanna yelled.

"How cliché," Donovan said, not amused in any case. "The knight in shining armor knocks the doors of the castle down to save the princess." He then saw the one armed man. "Hyroniemus?!"

Teshi looked at Nestor. "What are we? Chopped liver?" Nestor shrugged.

Absolom was in a state of shock, but when he regained his composure, he yelled, "GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!"

The soldiers that were in the hall started for the Light Warriors, who in turn drew their weapons and met them in battle. Donovan drew his sword and charged Hyro. Hyro dodged his sword swipe. Hyro then leaped away from him and called out, "Mighty Jehovah, give me strength over my foes!" Lightning crashed through the roof of the hall and struck his right shoulder, then formed into a large golden arm. With this golden arm, he reached into his tunic and pulled the book out. He opened it to where it was marked. He then yelled, "Sword of the Spirit!" The book transformed into a large, beautifully detailed golden sword. Their swords clashed with a shower of sparks. Thunder rolled in the heavens at the same time, as though the battle was being fought there as well.

Teshi parried the blows of two of the soldiers with his Sun Sword. "Good!" he cried. "Now, parry, parry, lunge, lunge!" He said as the soldiers carried out the actions he mentioned. "Good!" He then kicked them down. "You're getting better!"

"Excuse me, mi ladies," Nestor said as he quickly moved several women off of one of the benches. He then lifted it over his head and threw it at the row of guards charging him.

Bryant was fighting his way to Ayanna. Ayanna drew the Masamune from underneath one of her robes and started fighting her way to Bryant. They met in the center of the hall.

"Bryant!" Ayanna yelled as she fell into his arms.

Bryant wrapped his arms around her. "Art thou well?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"Friends!" he hollered. "'Tis time to depart!"

Teshi parried the blow of a soldier. "What!? Already!?" He parried another blow. "Just when it was getting fun!"

Nestor threw two soldiers from him, then grabbed Teshi by his cape and dragged him out.

Hyro leaped away Donovan. "We will have to finish this later." He tossed his sword into the air. "Holy Father! Let those lost in the darkness see the Light!" There was a bright flash from the sword, blinding all in the room. Hyro caught his sword and followed the others out.

Donovan recovered from the blinding light. "Let's go!"

.

Return To FF1 Fanfic