The Silence Broken Chapter 22

The Aftermath

By Master Odin

"I can't believe it!" Mario said back on Zecroes. "The world was saved by your arch-nemesis."

"I'm having trouble understanding this myself," Jeremiah said. He seemed to have a knowing grin on his face.

Jerome grabbed Jeremiah by his shirt and lifted him up to his face. "A'ight, rich boy! Whadaya know?"

"Put him down!" a young woman with long blonde hair about Jeremiah's age said.

"A'ight, Amy," Jerome said as he put Jeremiah down

"Thank you, my dear wife," he said as he straightened his clothes. "I know as much as you do, except for the fact that my brother didn't seem comfortable with the Mother Brain's plans."

Crono and Chronan entered the room where this world's heroes were. "Sorry to interrupt, but we must be going," Crono announced.

* * * * *

Jeremiah, Amy, and the four Sacred Warriors watched as Crono, his friends, and Chronan climbed into the Epoch as it rested on a plain on the planets surface.

"Are you sure you can't stay and help us with finishing off the rest of the robots?" Mario asked.

"I wish we could," Crono said, "but we must return to our own world and respective times."

"At least you could stay for dinner," Amy suggested. "Our butler Geoffrey makes a soufflé to die for!"

Marle's eyes lit up. "Can we, Crono?" she pleaded. "Please?"

Crono grinned, but shook his head. "We really must go."

"He's right," Chronan said. "I'm eager to see my wife."

Jeremiah smiled as he looked to Amy. "I understand whole-heartily." He returned his attention to his friends from the other world. "Thank you for all your help. We are in your debt."

"And we thank thee for thine," Glenn said. "May the gods watch over you."

"And may Odin protect you with his sword and guide you with his wisdom," Jeremiah said. The Epoch rose into the air. Jeremiah took the white cell phone out of his jacket pocket. "Tome, our friends need a portal to Terra." A white portal appeared before the Epoch and it flew in.

* * * * *

Three months have past since Crono, Marle, Lucca, and Chronan returned to their own world and time. Crono's parents happily resumed their marriage.

 
There was a knock at Lucca's door. She danced around several young children to get the door. She opened and there stood "Magus?!"

"Hello Lucca."

"Uh, come in, I guess."

Magus bowed his head to her as he entered the house.

A young girl came up to them. She had short blonde hair. "Who's that, Sis?"

"A friend, Kid. Now go and play with the others."

The little girl ran off. "She looks oddly familiar," Magus said, putting his hand to his chin. Lucca had a knowing grin on her face, but Magus decided not to ask.

"What can I do for you?" she asked.

"I was thinking about what you said at the End of Time."

* * * * *

Out of pure boredom, the Gaspar of Crono's world was looking over the timeline. Something caught his eye. He smiled. "Well, it's about time."

.

Go To Author's Notes

Return To CT Fanfic