The Silence Broken Chapter 7

To Be Happy

By Master Odin

As the three Gurus were still catching up on old times, Lucca sat against the fence in Spekkio's chamber after their sparring. Magus was leaning against the fence on the opposite side. She noticed that he was deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked him.

"None of your damn business!"

"Now that's no way to talk to a lady," Spekkio said.

"Shut up, you damn Nu!" Magus yelled.

"I'm not a Nu! I am the Master of War!"

"Spekkio, could you excuse us?" Lucca asked. Spekkio gave her a curious look, then nodded and left. She turned to Magus. "It's Schala, isn't it?"

"What makes you think you're so damn smart!?"

"I've seen that look before."

Magus let down his guard. "I have search the world in my original time period, and I have not been able to find my beloved sister. Maybe she's in another time period. After this adventure, I'll have to ask Gaspar if he can find her."

Lucca's eyes began to water slightly.

"What now?" Magus asked.

Lucca hesitated. "When we asked Gaspar to look for Crono's father, I also asked him to look for Schala."

Magus walked over and looked at her with anticipation as she struggled to find the words to tell him. "Well?" he asked.

Lucca began to cry. "I'm sorry!" she sobbed. "He couldn't find her."

Magus' heart ached at the sound of this. Not only, though, for the prospect of not finding his sister, but also. He heard it again. An unusual urge came over him. He tried to fight against it, and lost. He knelt down and took her into his arms, trying to comfort her.

"It's not your fault, so stop your belly-aching." It was like being comforted by a cactus.

Lucca pulled away. "What will you do?"

"If the Gurus find a way to search other worlds, then maybe I can ask Gaspar to look for her."

"But who knows how long it would take for Gaspar to locate her."

Magus nodded. "It may take some time, but I will never stop my search for Schala until I have returned to the dust of the earth."

"This may sound a little cold, but do you think that it is possible that Schala may rather that you be happy than spend the rest of your life looking for her?"

Magus sighed. She may be right.

After a short pause Crono entered. He looked at Lucca and motioned for her to join him.

"Alright," Lucca said. She turned to Magus. "Look, I'll be right back. Are you gonna be alright?" Magus nodded.

.

Go To Chapter 8

Return To CT Fanfic