Chrono Trigger: Timeless Angels Author's Notes

By Mefathiel

It’s finally done. And I must say, the 11 months it took me to write this were well worth it. I can honestly say that never before have I done more research for a single story, and never have I had more fun doing it. Even if I started on another project, something always led me back to this one. Maybe it was boredom with the other stories, or maybe it was another surge of interest into the angelic references I used. Whatever it was, I managed to finish this story. Of course, I never could’ve done it without the help of some very special people:

Chris, my best friend in the whole world. I have to thank you for putting up with my constant talking about the story, even if you had no idea what I was talking about, and all of the bad jokes that I put you through in the process.

Akira Toriyama, character designer for CT. Thanks for making the characters that we’ve all grown to love (or hate).

Squaresoft. Well, if it weren’t for you, we wouldn’t have Chrono Trigger in the first place.

MrBate4, Pharoah90, NeoDragon1, and Ayla Kat (known to you as the Storyteller). Thanks for the criticism at the message board. If it weren’t for you, I probably would’ve quit the story in favor for another.

IcyBrian. Thank you for having such an awesome site, and thanks for allowing me to put up my stories here.

You, the reader, if you’ve made it this far. Thank you for putting up with the in-jokes, puns, symbolism, obscure references, and all around bad humor. Of course, you should be thanking me for putting up such cultured and entertaining material at no cost to you, and no payment for me.

Of course, I do realize that there are some loose ends that I didn’t wrap up. I have my explanations, but why don’t you come up with your own? A story that makes you use your imagination is all that much more fun. However, if you’re so desperate to know exactly why some of the things that don’t make sense happened, e-mail me and I’ll be happy to explain. Also, if you’d like to see just exactly how many religious/mythological references I made, e-mail me. Hell, just e-mail me and tell me what you thought of the story. If I’m going to improve my writing, then I need feedback from a large venue of people.

And that’s it. I’ll be moving on to other projects for the moment, but I’ll be back with more stories soon. Expect to see some more of Upchuck in later stories. Oh yeah, can you guess who the Entity is?

.

Return To CT Fanfic