Amor Vincit Omnia Chapter 10

Disclosure

By Minmei

But Magus didn't return for a couple of days. Not that he knew he was going to be exposed the day he came back. But he was well aware the time was coming, and was most likely avoiding it and Schala for as long as he possibly could. But he had to come back eventually.

"It's been two whole days," Schala remarked, a pout on her face. "Where is he?"

"Schala, if you're dying to know, why don't you just look for him?" Lucca suggested. "Marle here can go with you. I'll stay here with Atropos."

"Okay!!" Marle cheered, practically jumping up and down. She placed her hands behind her back and turned to the young sorceress. "You up to it, Schala?" she asked.

Schala nodded in agreement. "Of course!"

"Then let's go!"

***

A couple of hours passed. Lucca looked up as Crono, Ayla, Kino and Glenn came in. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked.

"We got a little bored in town," Crono answered. "Where's Marle?"

"Out with Schala, looking for Magus," his friend explained.

A frown formed on Crono's face. "Yeah, where IS Magus, anyway? I saw him a couple days ago when he came with Marle, but the next thing I know, he's gone," he said.

"That's just like him, always secluding himself from the rest of us," Lucca sighed.

***

A while later, Lucca made her way out of the woods with some plan to work on the Epoch. Not too long afterward, Glenn followed her. He found her in the front seat of the Epoch.

"Lucca?" he called.

She almost jumped out of her seat. "Oh, um, h-hi, Glenn," she said, adjusting her glasses.

Glenn cast her a strange look. "Lucca, be something the matter?"

"Uh, no. No! Nothing's wrong," she lied, feeling her face grow quite warm. She let out a nervous chuckle, silently praying he couldn't see her blushing.

"I believe I know what thine troubles be," said Glenn.

"You do?" asked Lucca, knowing her cheeks were probably turning a good shade of crimson.

"Thou art worried about Robo. 'Tis evident thou hast not been sleeping well in the last few days."

Lucca's expression relaxed a bit. "Oh. Well, I am worried, but it's my dreams that are responsible for my lack of sleep."

Glenn looked at Lucca in concern. "Be thine dreams nightmares?"

"Yeah," Lucca told him, nodding. "I don't know what to do. It's the same dream over and over. I come home and discover Lavos claimed my parents and Robo. But it gets worse each time. In last night's dream, I-I don't know. My-my parents started to do bad things. I can't say what; I don't exactly remember. But I know it was bad."

"Well, Lucca, I prayeth these dreams stop," he told her sincerely. "I see the effect they haveth on thee."

"Thanks, Glenn," Lucca said, a tiny smile crossing her lips. "So what are you doing here anyway?"

In the distance, Magus was returning from his two-day "vacation." Where he had been, no one may ever know (or care?). He was walking by Glenn and Lucca.

"Mine curiosity led me here," Glenn was saying as Magus passed by. "What art thou doing?"

"I'm implanting a device inside the Epoch. If anything were to happen, this will tell the Epoch to go to the End of Time to get Gaspar."

"'Tis quite clever of thee, Lucca."

"Uh, th-thanks, Glenn," Lucca was stammering.

Magus laughed to himself. Idiot, he thought scornfully. She is pathetic, acting so foolishly around him. I almost regret turning him back because she is starting to annoy me. A cruel thought suddenly entered his already twisted mind. Hey, maybe I should turn HER into a frog. He choked down his laughter and entered the forest.

An hour passed, and the party minus Marle and Schala were in the woods.

"So Magus, not that we care, but where have you been in the last couple days?" Lucca asked boredly. She yawned to display her true concern.

"Since you really don't care, you should mind your business," Magus replied coldly.

Lucca scoffed. "Fine, whatever."

Suddenly, a rustle of leaves. Marle and Schala appeared. "I can't believe it," Schala said, disappointed. "I can't find him anywh-hey, there you are!" She turned and walked up to Magus. "Prophet, I need to know something-What happened to Janus?"

"Uh..." Magus couldn't think of what to say.

"Busted!" he heard Lucca tell Marle, with some satisfaction in her voice.

He gave Lucca a dirty look. "Didn't I tell you to mind your own damn business?" he snapped.

"Oh, hush," she told him, sneering. "It becomes my business when you hold the truth from one of my friends. You can't even tell Schala who you really are!"

Magus shook his head at her and continued to glare right back. "You want to talk about keeping the truth, hypocrite? What about you and Marle?"

Lucca scowled. "What ABOUT me and Marle?"

"Just the fact that I'm getting tired of hearing you two damn hens cackling about how good-looking you think Glenn is!"

"Why are you so worked up about that, Magus? Is it because you know you can't compete?" Lucca said cruelly, trying to draw Magus away from the tender subject. "And for your information, it's only an opinion, nothing else."

Magus scoffed. "What a crock! At least I'm not the one pissing and moaning to Marle about how much I love Glenn, then act like nothing's changed between us..."

Marle made a face. "Eww. I certainly hope not," she cracked.

But it was going to take a lot more than humor to save Lucca from this embarrassment. "Shut up, Magus!" she shouted, her cheeks quickly turning ten shades of burgundy. "I NEVER said that!"

"Yeah, not to his face anyway," Magus snorted.

Glenn just stood there, wide-eyed.

"Damn you, Magus!!" Lucca shouted angrily. "I hate you!!" She turned and just sprinted out of there, red-faced.

"Goodness," Marle said. "That turned real ugly, real fast." She turned to the blue-haired man. "You know, Magus, you didn't have to go there."

.

Out of the woods...

Lucca ran out of the woods and found her way to the nearby shore. She walked to the tree overlooking the waters and sat down on the grass. She removed her helmet and let the lavender hair down. She was amazed at how much it had grown in the last few months. It came down past her shoulders and was flowing behind her in the breeze. She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes. She then brought her knees to her chest, wrapped her arms around them, and lifted her pretty face to the dying skies. Lucca took a deep breath of the sea air, fixed her pale violet bangs, and went over the events that had just occurred. My God, she thought, how could you, Magus? How could you humiliate me like that, telling Glenn I love him? So what if it's true? So what...

.

At the entrance of the forest nearby...

The man with the green hair and matching cape stood, studying Lucca's every move, gazing. It was Glenn. Be it the truth? he pondered silently. Dost thou truly love me? I knew thee as a beautiful person on the inside, but now methinks thou art the same on the outside as well! No, no, it cannot be. 'Tis what the townsfolk call taboo. Alas, she be ten years mine junior. But it doth not matter. For she be a maiden who possess'th a mind far more advanced than the minds of her peers. Can it truly happen? Will it ever happen? When will it happen?

And when will I stop speaking with this damnéd Shakespearean tongue?

.

I hope this chapter doesn't encourage any May-December romances among you readers, not that I'm against them. Nine or ten years IS quite a gap, and don't even be thinking in terms of 30-year gaps until you're legal! More Disclosure next.

.

Go To Chapter 11

Return To CT Fanfic