Amor Vincit Omnia Chapter 2

Some Bad News

By Minmei

Atropos got up with a start. Where am I? she wondered. How long have I been out? The sun was shining brightly on the rose colored robot. She looked around and remembered everything. "Oh, Robo," she said aloud, "I hope you found Doan in time." Then she remembered why she was there.

I have to find Crono. Robo said he lived in Truce. So if I leave the woods, Truce should be in the same place.

She followed the path out of the forest and made her way to Truce. Which of these houses is Crono's? she wondered. She walked inside what turned out to be the market.

"Um, may I help you?" asked Fritz, the boy behind the counter.

"Where is Crono's house?" asked Atropos.

"Oh, Crono? He's on the other part of town," answered Fritz.

"All right." The robot nodded, then asked another question. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah. Well, kind of. He saved my live a few months back," Fritz told her. "But anyway, just walk over to the other side of Truce and the people there can direct you to his house."

"Thank you." Atropos walked out of the door and headed to the other side. She could have sworn she heard the boy pondering about her business there, but decided to just shake it off. Once at the other side, she asked the neighbors about Crono and they pointed out his house. She walked through the front door and found a woman staring at her.

"May I help you with something, dear?" she asked.

"Yes," said Atropos, "Is Crono here?"

The woman shook her head. "No, he went to his friend Lucca's house," she told the robot.

"Where is that?" inquired Atropos.

"Just go directly south across the bridge," the woman said. "By the way, I'm Crono's mom. Who are you?"

"I am Atropos, Robo's friend," answered Atropos.

"Oh yes, I remember Robo. He was very polite. Now, I don't want to keep you waiting here. Run along now."

This must be the place, Atropos thought as she approached the small building. She slowly stepped inside and was greeted by a man.

"You're Lucca's friend, right?" he asked.

The robot nodded. "Yes, sir."

"I'm Taban. If you're looking for her, she's right upstairs with Crono and Marle."

"Thank you, sir." Atropos quickly headed for Lucca's room.

"Now, Marle," Lucca was saying as Atropos entered the room, "you just place your hand in here-" she put her hand in the hole of some small invention sitting on the desk- "then Crono, you come over and-Aaaughh!!" Sparks shot out of the machine. "Owww. Damn it, that hurts!" She removed her slightly burned hand from the machine and groaned.

"What was that thing supposed to do anyway?" Crono asked.

"It doesn't matter now. It's just a fried piece of scrap now," Lucca sighed. She turned around and found the pink robot staring back at her.

"It's you!" Lucca cried. "Wh, what are you doing here?"

Crono and Marle turned to look at Atropos. "Hey, you're Robo's friend!" Marle exclaimed.

"Why are you here...Atropos, right?" Lucca asked. Her mouth fell open in fear. "Is something wrong with Robo?"

"Hopefully not," Atropos responded, "but there is a more serious matter at hand." The three teenagers listened, wide-eyed, as Atropos explained the situation, about the second Lavos, about Robo's plan.

"So why is he gonna meet us? Why don't we take the Epoch there and pick him up?" Crono asked.

"Lavos...the second one...may have taken over by now," Atropos answered. "When it is safe, he will join us. But now we have to get the others and go into that forest."

"Okay," Lucca agreed. "Now, why don't we-oww!!!" Her hand throbbed with pain.

"You better put something on that, Lucca," Marle suggested. To Crono, she said, "Why don't you go back to the prehistoric era and pick up Ayla first? Atropos and I will help Lucca with this wound, and Atropos can tell us the rest." Crono stared back in hesitation, let out a sigh, and then turned to leave the house.

"That's a nasty burn, Lucca," Marle commented after her boyfriend left, wrapping up the wound. In the distance, they could hear the humming of the Epoch taking off. "Okay, Atropos, let's go to the forest, and you can tell us more," Marle said.

"There isn't really much more to tell, but I suppose we should go immediately," Atropos told them. "Robo could be there already."

Marle finished bandaging Lucca's hand. Afterward, the two girls and the robot took a moment to pray for good luck. Then they turned, hurried downstairs, walked out the front door, and headed towards the forest.

.

Are we having fun yet? Heh. Chapter 3 next!

.

Go To Chapter 3

Return To CT Fanfic