The Trials Of The King

A Note About Porrian Culture, And More

By Nanaki

I'm sure most people won't get further than three paragraphs into the following story before they notice that the native Porrians seem to be pretty much Japanese, or oriental at the very least. Most of you will wonder why this is. After all, there were no people like that in the game. Well, up until Final Fantasy VII, Square games were totally filled with pasty white trash like myself, with no people of any other ethnic background. Hitler would have been pleased.

Okay, so maybe that's taking it a tad too far, but even FF7 and Tactics didn't do a very good job. So I took a few creative liberties here.

Now, about the "and more" part. Chrono Trigger clearly uses B.C. and A.D. But I don't believe those abbreviations have the same meaning in Crono's world as they do for us. Since Gaurdia was officially formed in Zero A.D., I have come up with more appropriate meanings than what we all assume.

B.C. - Before Cease-fire

A.D. - Armistice Domination

If anyone comes up with something better, just let me know. Now, this story uses the same basic reality as Krazy Sam's, with only the dates really changed. Don't worry, it's original, and not a rip off of her stuff. I can assure you of that. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me, but do it quickly. This story is going to go by fast, and I'm not going to pay much attention to it after it's done when I've got people like Schala, Magus, and Ertai to write about. Anyway, without further delay, here is, "The Trials of the King."

.

Go To Prologue

Return To CT Fanfic