Final Fantasy VII: Resurrection Chapter 6

By Quinctia

Raieyana had never been to Costa Del Sol before, except on her way somewhere else. (I have never gotten a chance to stay here for an extended period of time. And now I don't want to be here. This is way too difficult.)

Reeve smiled at her. "I haven't seen the villa in person before. We can stop in there first and get rid of our stuff. I remember how we used our collective money to buy this thing. 300,000 gil. Wow!"

Raieyana raised an eyebrow. "Looks like you got ripped off." They walked inside. She shook her head. "Not worth even 150 thousand."

Reeve silently walked to the side door, opened it, and walked out. Raieyana followed him and gasped at what she saw. "An ocean view...I would pay 300,000 for the view alone." He walked back into the villa.

"Well, I can guarantee you that there aren't any Shinra in the villa. Maybe we should go look for them."

"Okay, Reeve, where do you suggest? The bar, the inn, or the beach? I can tell you one thing, you are not dressed for the beach."

"Hey," he said, "at least I always look pulled-together."

"And I don't?" She turned around, displaying her tasteful outfit of a long-skirted, dark blue dress and silver cardigan.

She looked hot, well, to Reeve anyway. (Gotta stop staring at her like that. But I just can't help myself, damn it.)

"So," said Raieyana, "I'll check the beach and you can check the inn and the bar, if you don't think you'd look too out of place."

.

Raieyana was reclining in a lounge chair on the beach. She scanned the shore (No Shinra socialites here. Well, if Reeve doesn't find anyone, assuredly some of the others did. I hope no one found Aysta. That would not be a good thing at this stage of the game.) She saw Reeve walking towards her across the sand.

"Nothing, nothing, and nothing at the shop either. I stopped there because I needed some sunscreen."

(Well, his nose is getting kind of red. But I guess he knows that already.) "Look, Reeve, the sun's going down. We can spend the night here and go to Gold Saucer in the morning."

"Okay," he said, "do you have a Gold Card?"

"Gold...Card...?"

"Evidently you don't. Should we head over?" Raieyana got up and they both walked to the villa.

Raieyana was looking around. (Two beds, good sign. In the same room, very bad sign. What to do, what to do...) "I'll sleep on one of the couches in the living room."

"Why?" Reeve asked.

"Well, uh," Raieyana muttered. (I don't want him to know that I'm thinking that he's thinking something when he's not thinking it and I'm just thinking it because I'm the only one with anything of the sort in my head.)

"Just...hey, Raieyana, if you're that uncomfortable, I'll go sleep on a couch." (Can she see it in my eyes? Is it that plain? Can't I just stop wanting her...) Reeve looked at her. (No, just not going to happen.)

"It's okay, Reeve. I'm just...being stupid." She laid down.

He cautiously climbed into the other bed. "I'm going to turn out the light, okay Ray..ana? (I almost called her Ray again because that's what I'm calling her in my head now!) Goodnight." He reached over and shut off the lamp.

"'Night, Reeve."

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Raieyana was dreaming. She knew it, and she couldn't stop it. She'd been having this dream for years, and every once and awhile it would get a little more vivid. This was one of those times. She was standing in a dark cavern. Someone was with her, but there was no problem. (I know him, I trust him, I love him.) She was there for a purpose, but for some reason she was very sad. (I feel it coming, forboding, senselessly stumbling towards me. My destiny.) Her companion stepped in front of her. He raised a sword. (The Evenstar.) She felt the blade go through her chest, and she fell. The man stepped out of the shadows, and for the first time ever, she could see his face. (Reeve...)

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Raieyana woke up covered in a cold sweat. (Oh God, no. It can't be.) But every feature of his face stood out in her mind like it did in the dream. She got up and walked over to where Reeve was sleeping. (He couldn't. He doesn't have the face of a killer.) She was trembling. She felt a tear slip down her cheek. (There's no malice in his eyes--there wasn't even any in the dream. Oh, I can't stay in here.) She walked out onto the balcony. She looked at the sky. (No moon. Meteor just made a mess out of everything.) Raieyana looked at the constellation right overhead. (The Judge. Why do you always look so menacing? I've done nothing, nothing. Nothing.) She opened the notebook she had carried out with her. (Translation, translation, where's the report? Ah, here.) She removed a thick booklet from one of its pockets. Jenova: The Offspring Project.

[Day 35: Embryo split into two distinct halves. Both female, oddly, not identical. This may mean something...

Day 68: Female One showing characteristics dominantly of mother. Female Two showing characteristics of neither parent. Of course it is too early in development to categorize either...

Day 218: Female One ready to exit artificial womb. Female Two must be removed in the next day or so...

Post Script: No initial reaction to Jenova. Neither child looks like Sephiroth, although Female One has definitely inherited dominantly from the Ancient's genes. Told Tseng Amine the children were produced from him. Needed to get them away from the lab. I am expecting to see the girls again whenever my Reunion Theory is proved to be accurate...]

(I am so glad Dad told me Aysta was my sister before he died. Now I know for sure.) Raieyana bowed her head. The tears were coming down in a steady stream now.

"Aeris could hear her mother, why can't I hear anyone? What, what am I supposed to do?" she whispered.

"Maybe you should tell someone what you know about all this mess."

She turned her head and saw Reeve. "I had a bad dream." Reeve smiled, sat down next to her, and put his arm around her.

"That can't be anything compared to what will happen if Aysta resurrects Sephiroth."

Raieyana sniffed. "I saw my own death. Every dream I've ever had before has come true, like a prophecy, except this one, but it's reoccurred since...a long time ago. It doesn't really matter much. Just shook me up a little. But if you want to know about Aysta...

"We grew up together. She was my cousin. My aunt's daughter. We were just like sisters. But you know that. Little did we know, we really were sisters. But I'm getting ahead of myself. When Hojo told Tseng I was his daughter, he lied. And not only that, Hojo told him Aysta was his daughter, too. Tseng gave Aysta to my aunt because she had lost her husband in the war as it was beginning and she had just had a miscarriage. So then she had a baby to love... He kept me, so Ifalna could raise me if she wanted to. But he never found her, so he had Aula raise me, too.

"When Aysta and I were older, we went to Undor-Hai for training. We learned things about the Ancients, how to translate their language. Then I started following you guys, in Nibelheim. I went to the mansion, and found this." She showed Reeve the report. "I found out who I really was. I didn't know any better, so I brought it to Aysta. She didn't seem to take it that hard. Then. I knew she was trying to get on the good side of Rufus. I didn't know she had started to use mind control on him. I didn't know that her plan to save the planet had changed into a plan for herself. Then everything changed.

"I never told Tseng that I wasn't really his daughter, that Sephiroth was my father. It would have been too much for him. He did tell me that Aysta and I were twins. So I knew she was the second one. I think Aula had her tattoo removed when she was little, but me..." She showed Reeve the blue tattoo "I" on the inside of her right wrist. "That's how I knew the report was about me. We both have Jenova in us, tons of Mako, too. I don't know how Aysta did it, but I almost died trying to avoid the Reunion. Things settled down after Sephiroth was defeated, and then I learned Aysta was the new president. We had translated Ancient texts at Undor-Hai. I never thought she would use them against me..."

Reeve looked at Raieyana. "Mind control? Can you?"

She looked away. "Well, kind of. I have a few times. But it never gave me any satisfaction. Aysta always seemed to enjoy it, getting other people to do things she wanted them to. I guess the combination of Jenova and Ancient produced someone adept at mind control. And the hypnosis we learned at Undor-Hai just makes it that much easier for her."

"Why didn't just tell us all this when you met us?" Reeve asked.

Raieyana looked at him. "Please don't be mad. I just didn't think any of you could have trusted me if you knew I was..." She lowered her voice. "...Sephiroth's child."

Reeve sighed. (How could she be...his daughter? And be like this?) "I understand why you did what you did."

"Do you think anyone else will?" she asked.

Reeve shrugged. "Maybe not. But then, maybe they don't know how hard it is for you." (Look at her, she's so upset. But we only know what Aysta's plan is because of her. She's too good for them to think...)

"Reeve, why wouldn't they understand? Sephiroth killed my mother, he killed Tseng, the man who really was a father to me, and Aysta wants to bring him back. Why would I ever want to..."

Reeve took her hand. "I don't think anyone's going to be that unreasonable," he said.

She shook her head. "But then again, why wouldn't they be unreasonable?"

"Look at me Raieyana, you have done nothing wrong. If they can't accept who you are, then you don't need them."

She sniffed. "I can't do it alone."

"You're not going to be alone." (I won't let you. Never.) He brushed a lock of hair from her face. He kissed her, and this time neither one of them pulled away. (Only sixteen...) Reeve quieted his conscience, and gave into his heart.


Chapter 7

Quinctia's Fanfiction