Meant To Be Chapter 1

By RedGuardian

10:00 A.M. May 24, 1000 (3 months after the end of the Millennial fair)

Fine! I'll just go to the castle then! Lucca thought, just a little angrily. By the time she got to Guardia Castle, she was feeling fine. The inventor ran up the stairs into Marle's room. Marle was sitting at her desk writing in her journal. She looked up, mildly surprised as Lucca entered.

"Oh, hi. Why'd you come here?"

Lucca sighed in mock anger. "Mom and Dad ordered me out of the house. Said they had to 'talk' in private."

"What do you think they're...doing?" Marle inquired with feigned innocence.

"I don't want to know!" came the reply. They both laughed.

"So, Lucca, how was last night's blind date?"

"Just terrible! You wouldn't believe what he..." Lucca began, and the two launched into a long conversation.

----------------

"Wake up! Crono, wake up!"

"Huh...what? Yeah, sure..." and with that Crono fell asleep.

"Huh...ow! Why'd you do that, Mom?" Crono got out of bed and went downstairs.

"It's the only way I can get you to wake up, sleepyhead! I swear, you're almost exactly like your father...now sit down and eat your breakfast."

Crono ate his breakfast.

[2:30 P.M. Same day]

"Where is he?!" Marle was getting very angry.

"Huh?"

"Crono! He's supposed to pick me up for a lunch date today!"

"Oh..."

"Well, I guess you can come..."

"No, Marle, that's fine. Really."

--------------------

"Damn! I forgot about Marle!" Crono hastily grabbed his things and ran out of the door. He was mildly annoyed when a black-robed man tapped him on the shoulder.

"Are you the one called 'Crono?'"

What is it? This better be important..."Yes, I am. Is this something important? I'm really in a big hurry-Gaah!" his impatient speech was cut off by a searing blast of energy that exploded right in his face.

"Heh-heh-heh. Actually, I consider this very important. You are the primary obstacle to my master's plan." The robed man continued to rain magic upon Crono.

[3:00 P.M]

"That's IT!!" Marle was fuming. "I'm going over to Crono's house. What's taking him so long? If he doesn't have a suitable excuse he's really gonna hear it!" She ran outside and as she saw him engaged in mortal combat-and losing, she gasped and ran to his side.

.

Go To Chapter 2

Return To CT Fanfic