Acidic Tears Prologue

By Shanley Wang

Never kill unless absolutely necessary. That's my motto. Of course, killing has been a necessity lately, if you know what I mean. That's why my Diablo katana has seen the spills of many different bloods. To tell you the truth, I don't like to talk much. But the story we're about to tell you, you're going to have to listen to all of us….

***

If Crono hadn't so hard-headedly bumped into me at the Millennial Fair, then none of us would be living. It would have taken us the courage of each other (and my crossbows) to defeat the challenges that were thrown towards us. I mean, if it weren't for us, the future would really be a drag. And trying to revive Robo from a time change, well, that's another story….

***

Being the genius of the group, I never was able to keep on one track unless in battle. I'm always tinkering with anything that I can get my hands on from guns to time machines. I inherited that from my father, Taban. If I didn't befriend Crono, we wouldn't have met Robo, which wouldn't have allowed us to perform a series of events that led up to the destruction of Lavos….

***

If thou were to observe my current shape, thou wouldn't be amused at what thou saw. Redundancy. For whilst I was a youth, a squire to the hero Cyrus and friend as well, I was transformed to such an unsightly shape by the leader of the Mystic hoards, Magus. Ironically, the fiend became a key hero in our fight against the greater fiend, Lavos. Alas, to a greater fiend, an even greater one is born….

***

Emotions were not granted to me at my creation. Yet through pain and suffering, happiness and bliss, something in my memory banks made my robotic database easily affected by everyday actions, like temper tantrums, smiles, laughs, tears, and many eyebrow movements that made it obvious to me. I copied these emotions into my banks and each had a set of different processing paths. They became very valuable for the events that I have to tell you….

***

Being the chief of Ioka village in prehistoric times, I loved to hunt and dance and eat poi. After my friends and I defeated Lavos, they helped me reconfigure my grammar so it would fit them and make more sense. Of course, in my own people, I used the same crude language, but to make this story understandable I will use the proper grammar along with its infinite exceptions….

***

I have manipulated minds, bent spirits with a flick of my wrist and scorched entire enemies with a single whisk of the scythe I brandish so lovingly. I have used coldness and evil to accomplish, in the end, honorable deeds. While the outcome was good, the method and process were usually full of pale cruelty. In order to survive the great adventure, however, I had to adapt and change all of my ways….


Chapter 1

Shanley Wang's Fanfiction