The Second Incarnation Part 2

Something Wicked This Way Comes

By Shelly Ichishita

Quick note: Hi! If the title to part 2 sounds familiar that's because I "borrowed" it from the Ray Bradbury novel of the same name. The whole Hojo revolving (or revolting, whatever you prefer) icon thing is kind of a take on the character of Bob in the anime movie "Iria." I know, I know, time to come up with something original!

.

The shadowed eyes stared at the revolving image on the computer screen. The image was a small object that morphed on screen into a series of various geometric shapes. It would have almost been relaxing to look upon if it wasn't for the grating, nasal voice that came out through the speakers. "I believe that I prefer this existence to my former life. Life as a human has many disadvantages. At least I don't have to worry about eating or sleeping anymore. If I make an interesting discovery I can work until I have completed my tasks without worrying about passing out or falling asleep. In fact, I'd have to say that Cloud and his friends have done me a favor."

"Enough with the chit-chat Hojo. I'm growing increasingly impatient with your blabbering. Either you tell me what you want or I'll be on my way."

On the computer screen the image pulsated and changed colors rapidly as Hojo's voice screamed at his visitor. "I created you! You should be happy to follow my commands you ungrateful piece of..."

The visitor's eyes flashed. "Listen I don't have the time or the inclination to stand here and get screamed at. Just tell me what you want me to do."

Hojo calmed himself and the icon's movements and gyrations slowly grew less agitated. "All that I require for now is that you infiltrate Avalanche. That should be easy enough for you."

"Consider it done."

.

Go To Part 3

Return To FF7 Fanfic