Hope in Love Chapter 6

Wanderers

By Sorceress Fantasia

"Damn, where do I go now?" Yuffie cursed. She had been wandering in the same place for about a week now and she still couldn’t find her way out. She was tired, she was hungry, she wanted to nothing but just lie there and rest, yet she knew she had to get out fast. The place was infested by tons of monsters and she was weary from all the battles. She knew she couldn’t take it much longer. If she were to fight another bunch of those creeps, she would definitely lose.

"Oh man! Where’s everybody when I need them?" Yuffie moaned.

"Yuffie!"

"Huh?" Yuffie looked around. Nobody was present. ‘Maybe my ears were playing tricks on me.

"Yuffie!"

"Again?" Yuffie looked around again, more carefully this time. Still, there was not a single soul in sight. "Oh my gosh… Don’t tell me it’s a …gho…ghost?" Yuffie muttered under her breath. Yuffie started to take bigger steps, hoping to shake the ‘ghost’ off.

"Yuffie!"

"Argh!!!! Don’t hurt me! I didn’t offend you!" Yuffie cringed. Whimpering like a kid, she knelt down and placed her hands over her head.

"What? I was merely telling you to wait up!" the voice answered.

"Huh?" Yuffie gave a baffled look and lifted her head. "Cait Sith!? Why are you here?" She blushed in spite of herself, for she hate to show her cowardice to anybody, least of all her friends.

Cait did not seem to have noticed, and spoke to her, "I don’t know. I was in the Shinra headquarters, or what’s left of it, in Midgar, searching for some important documents for rebuilding the city. Then I stumbled upon this weird looking box. When I pried the thing open, this huge black portal appeared and sucked me inside. I was here when I regain consciousness. Then I saw you so I went after you. And you, for some reasons, ran away."

"Hmm… I was pretty much the same." Yuffie recalled. Then she asked, "Any idea on how to get out?"

"Nope." He shrugged, "If I had any, I would have left already." Cait Sith pointed out.

"Good point." Yuffie noted. "Well then, why don’t we head that way?"

.

Go To Chapter 7

Return To FF7 Fanfic