Time of the Gospel Note of Hiatus

By Taran

Of all RPG’s that I’ve played, Xenogears has had the most depth. This depth and history, along with its religious overtones are part of what influenced “Time of the Gospel.” To date this is my greatest piece of any considerable length, mostly because of the time and effort I put into it. “Search for Schala” was mainly written one chapter at a time. I had no idea where the story was going to go (this can be interesting, but can also lead to a poorly constructed story.) “Time of the Gospel,” on the other hand, has all been planned out.

Currently there are ten chapters written, out of a predicted thirty. I had two more written, but then my hard drive crashed. I lost two chapters, each over ten pages on word, as well as all my notes as to where the story was going. Now, I could go back and reconstruct the entire thing, but I don’t think that now is the time for that. As I move on through life I find myself with less and less time for writing. Seeing as no one else seems to be interested in the “Time of the Gospel,” coupled with my own loss of interest and the discouragement of loosing my data, I’ve decided to set aside this project for the time being.

Now don’t take this to mean that I’m giving up writing completely. I’m presently working on another long fiction that will pick up “Forge” and my almost forgotten “Escaping Fate.” Of course I again run the risk of loosing interest, but this isn’t about putting out works, it’s about writing, growing in writing, and exploring all the crazy ideas that stowed away in my head.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at taran@icybrian.com

Godbless,
Taran


Xenogears Fanfic