The Greatest Princess of Guardia Part 1

Nearing the Day

By The Game God

Princess Nadia was standing absolutely still as the seamstresses were making the final alterations to her white and gold wedding dress.  Lucca was standing on the other side of the room.  Ta-Kahjet was helping her into her pale purple, maid of honor dress.  “It’s beautiful, Lucca.” Nadia said.  “OW!!”  She looked down at the seamstress who had just poked her with a pin.

“I’m sorry, highness.”

“It’s alright.”  She looked up at Lucca.  The dress was about six inches too long for her.  “Think you can grow taller before the wedding?”

Lucca looked up, “Before Saturday?”  Nadia smiled.  Lucca fidgeted as some seamstresses began to work on her dress.  “I don’t like wearing dresses.”

“Just think of it as a nightgown you can wear in pubic.” Nadia said.

Lucca tried to loosen her corset.  “I don’t know about you, but I don’t have a nightgown this tight.” Nadia laughed.

“You look beautiful.” a voice said.  Nadia turned to see her father standing in the doorway.

“Daddy!”

King Zollum walked over to his daughter and kissed her on the cheek. “You look just like your mother.”  Nadia blushed.  “I wanted to give you this…” he pulled out a tiny box.  “… every girl in the Guardia Line has worn this at their wedding.”  He took at a tiny blue pin and attached it to the neckline of Nadia’s gown.

“It’s beautiful.” Nadia said.

King Zollum smiled, “I always knew…”  Suddenly, his voice choked.  His eyes began watering and he began sweating profusely.

“Daddy?  Are you okay?” Nadia asked.  Then King Zollum’s eyes rolled back and he collapsed to the ground, his body seizing violently.  “Oh my god!” Nadia shouted.  She turned to Ta-Kahjet, “Get help!”

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Crono Sr. was helping his son with his blue and white formal knight’s uniform.  Asaahn was holding Crono’s sword, the last part of the formal uniform.  Crono was trying desperately to comb down his spiky brown hair.

Just then, Ta-Kahjet burst into the room, “Come quick… it’s the king.”  The four men raced down the hall to where the Nadia and the king were on the floor.

“What’s happening to him?” Crono asked.

“I don’t know!” Nadia panicked, “I think he’s dying!”

Asaahn knelt down next to the king.  He held the king’s seizing body down and listened to his spastic breathing.  He smelled the king’s breath.  “He’s been poisoned.”  Nadia gasped.  Asaahn opened his robe and took out a small vial.  He began to pour the liquid into the king’s mouth.  “This is a powerful anti-poison…”  The king’s body slowly stopped convulsing.  “It should help his body through the initial shock… but if we don’t find what did this, he will die.”

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Nadia stood and watched as Asaahn examined a sample of the king’s blood.  Asaahn poured water into the sample he took and dropped a small white stone in the vial.  The sample quickly turned black.  “It’s definitely a poison… but black?”

“What’s going on Asaahn?” Nadia asked.

“What ever kind of poison the king has bee exposed to is racing through his system at an alarming rate.  If it continues…” He shook his head, “He’ll be dead by Friday.”

Nadia turned to her father’s comatose body and hugged him softly, crying.  “I’ll find who did this to you…” Nadia sobbed, “… I swear it!”

.

Go To Part 2

Return To CT Fanfic