The Search for Zeal Chapter 4

Savior, Saint and Sovereign

By The Game God

A bright aura of light was the only stood in the place of Mosk’leono’s tower. A slender, cerulean-hair woman in a silver dress was at the center of the light. She slowly floated to the ground. The light around her faded at she looked out over the awe-struck crowd. Sinope and Ganymede dropped to one knee before her. All the people of New Zeal quickly followed. “Thank you for saving us, your highness.” Sinope said, “Please say you will stay with us.”

Schala helped Sinope to her feet, “I can’t,” she said, “I have another life… above. I belong there.”

“I understand.” Sinope said.

“Why don’t you all come with me?” Schala said.

“It’s like you said,” Ganymede said, “we belong here.”

Schala handed Sinope her sword, “You, Sinope, you should lead.”

Sinope handed her the sword, “Keep it… so you will always remember us and New Zeal.”

Schala bowed to her, “Thank you, your majesty.” The people cheered as they welcomed their new leader, Sinope, the 1st Queen of New Zeal.

< The Search for Zeal: Chapter IV >

Schala returned to Guardia castle and quickly went to see Leene. The young queen was in the courtyard, playing with the infant princess, Djané. Leene looked up, “Schala, you’re back!”

She hugged Leene, “Thank you.” she said, “Thank you for convincing me to follow my heart. I have a gift for Djané” She took off her pendant and draped it around the baby’s neck. “This gemstone belongs around the neck of a princess.”

Before Leene could respond, Schala rushed out of the courtyard and up the stairs to her and Glenn’s rooms. She snuck into the room and cupped her hands across her husband’s eyes. “Guess who?” Schala asked in her playful tone.

“The most beautiful goddess ever to walk the face of the world?” Glenn asked.

Schala moved in front of him and kissed him on the lips, “Correct.”

Glenn looked at the sword tied to Schala’s belt, “What is this?” he asked.

Schala put the blue and white sword over the fireplace, “A future family heirloom, a gift for future generations.”

“You’re in a very good mood, Jewel.” Glenn said with a smile.

“You don’t know the half of it, Kaeru!” Schala put her arms around Glenn and kissed him, “I have something to tell you…” she stood on her toes and whispered softly in Glenn’s ear.

Glenn took a step back, “You’re what?!”

THE END

.

I hope you like this story, the closing chapter of my post-Chrono Trigger stories.
J.

.

Return To CT Fanfic