Guided by Starlight Chapter 9

By Tifa Strife

"And so, all good things must come to an end.."

 

That night, Cloud and Tifa bonded in a way long forgotten from the past, maybe never supposed to be remembered again. But someone had helped them remember that bonding together, and they thanked that person for it deep within in their hearts. Some people find their true loves, some people don't, and others run from it. This couple had a second chance, a chance they will never let go of again.

They sat in bed holding each other, too afraid to let go. Tifa had searched her heart inside and out looking for the answers she longed for. She got them just in time. She knew that if he had left her there was no way of ever living being apart from him. He really was her everything, her every breath. Letting him go would have been the biggest mistake of her life to which she could never regret.

Cloud sat there thinking of nothing but her in his arms. They way she smiled when he talked to her and how she looked deep into his eyes when she talked to him. Life to Cloud was perfect and no matter what, this night would never be forgotten.

"Tif?"

"Yes?"

"How did you know you wanted to stay with me?"

Tifa sat up with one arm holding her head up facing him. She adored his crystal blue eyes that caught the slightest bit of light in the room.

"I knew that as long as I lived I would regret letting you go. I knew that I would never have a time like this where I would feel the way I feel at this very moment."

"And that's why?"

"Well, that and the fact that I love you."

"And I love you more than anything."

"I know that."

Tifa kissed his forehead and made her way down to his lips.

"Thank you, whoever did this, thank you for helping me back." Tifa thought.

***

A month had come and gone feeling only like a week to them. The bar was officially back to order and, like always, bustling with people day in and day out.

One morning, Cloud awoke to find Tifa not at his side. Immediately alarmed and now fully awake, he got up and ran down the stairs still in his boxers. He was in the kitchen when he heard a faint cry coming from the bathroom. He walked slowly to the door that was slightly ajar.

"Tifa? Tifa what's wrong?"

She was leaning over the counter in the bathroom holding something in her hand. When he spoke to her she did not acknowledge his presence so it seems. He placed a hand on her shoulder and looked over to what she was holding. His eyes blinked once, twice.

She turned to him with the tears streaked down her face along with a smile.

"We're going to have a baby." She said hardly able to keep the sob in. She was so happy the only thing to do was cry.

Cloud burst out with joy and grabbed her hands pulling her into the other room. He picked her up and spun her around, the both of them laughing and celebrating.

"I can't believe this! We're going to have a baby! We're going to have a baby.." Cloud said sitting down, "Oh my god, we're going to have a baby."

Tifa kneeled at his side still laughing.

"I know, isn't it wonderful?"

"It is. It's the most wonderful thing, but would I make a good father?"

Tifa sat in his lap and rested her head against his shoulder.

"You will make a great father. Do you think I will be a good mother?"

"Are you kidding me? You are going to be the greatest mom out there. Did you even have to ask?" he smiled at the thought of her holding their child. She was going to be the best.

"How you ever found your way back here is beyond me, and I don't care either. As long as you’re here beside me."

"I guess you can say I was guided by starlight."

She breathed in heavily and closed her eyes still resting on him. He held her closer and kissed the top of her head. He loved her so much.

***

The End

Return To FF7 Fanfic