Chrono Trigger: The Lost Force Chapter 5

The Master of Power

By Dragoon Taryn

The End of Time

"Will he be all right Spekkio?" Marle asked Spekkio as he laid Glenn on a cot.

"Well, he took a hard hit, and his wound was open for quite a while. But he should pull through," Spekkio replied.

"Thank goodness," Marle sighed.

The others were in the main room, trying to devise a plan to defeat Zovak.

"He said that I was the one with the most powerful energy. Do you think he was right?" Magus wondered.

"Who knows? I mean, he hasn’t actually seen who has the power, has he?" Lucca inquired.

"As far as we know, he hasn’t. He said, ‘There is one person I cannot find, and they have the most powerful energy ever, even more powerful than all my combined power.’ I wonder why he hasn’t found this person?" Taryn added.

"This person’s power far exceeds Zovak’s own power, which makes it difficult for him to find him, or her," Gaspar informed them.

"Too bad we can’t find out what his background is," Crono said.

"Yeah, but we don’t even know what year he’s from," Taryn agreed.

"Don’t you know what year Zovak is from, Gaspar?" Magus asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do," Gaspar replied.

"You do? Then where is he from?" Lucca demanded.

Gaspar cleared his throat. "Zovak is from the Dark Age, or 12,000 B.C. He is also Dalton’s older brother."

* * * * *

????

"Well brother, you still haven’t found the person with this so-called ‘powerful energy’. Exactly when do you plan to find him?" Dalton asked Zovak.

"I don’t see you making any effort to help," Zovak retorted.

Dalton laughed. "That’s because I didn’t brag about been all-powerful for countless years."

"Well, that’s because I am all-powerful. This latest mission is just a small setback," Zovak told Dalton, his voice filled with confidence.

"Yeah right. Anyway, while your finding this all-powerful person, I’m going to seek revenge on those good-for-nothing, meddling brats," Dalton said, his voice raising. He hated those kids. They wrecked Zeal’s plans to become immortal by destroying Lavos, and Dalton was determined to make them pay.

"Ah, the good old revenge game. And exactly what did these kids do to you? Steal your lunch money?" Zovak taunted.

"No. As a matter of fact, they ruined my big chance to become immortal," Dalton told him, getting angry at the thought all over again.

"A bunch of kids ruined your chance at immortality? Ha, I didn’t have to worry about kids getting in my way," Zovak boasted as he pulled out his staff.

"Oh right, your beloved staff. I can’t even begin to think how powerless you’d be without it."

Zovak grunted. "That’s never going to happen." He put his staff away. "Now, on to more practical matters. Exactly what do you want me to do to help you?"

"I want you to help me destroy those stupid kids!" Dalton shouted.

Zovak chuckled. "You want me to kill a bunch of kids? Forget it brother, I’m going to find that wizard, Magus."

Dalton’s ears perked up. "Magus did you say? That’s that phony Prophet, the one that is friends with those kids."

"Really? Well then, maybe I can help you after all. First, we shall eliminate these ‘stupid, meddling kids’, then we shall steal this Magus’ power," Zovak told Dalton.

"And I shall finally become immortal!" Dalton clapped his hands with glee.

"Yes, I suppose you could have a small amount of power, at least enough to become immortal," Zovak said thoughtfully.

"Great plan brother. Now, where do we begin?" Dalton asked with an evil smile.

* * * * *

The End of Time

Marle sighed. It seemed like Glenn wouldn’t pull though for some time. The others were sitting around, trying to find out how to find and defeat Zovak.

"I say that we bust into his secret hideout and take that sucker out, Jean Claude VanDamme style," Taryn suggested.

"Who’s Jean Claude VanDamme?" Crono asked.

Taryn froze and turned to face Crono. "You don’t know who Jean Claude VanDamme is? Street Fighter? Universal Soldier 1 and 2? Honestly? You don’t know THE MAN?!"

Crono shook his head. "The only THE MAN I know is Johnny, a robot from 2300 A.D."

"Oh my God, are you serious," Taryn muttered.

"Okay people, this conversation is getting us nowhere," Magus told them, "Now, who has another suggestion?"

"We should wait for him to attack, and have a ambush plan," Lucca thought.

"No, not the waiting game. I hate that game," Taryn complained.

"Well, it’s better than busting into his hideout and risking our lives," Lucca snapped.

"Shows what you know!" Taryn snarled.

"Would you two stop with your petty fighting! I’m getting sick of it!" Marle shouted.

Taryn and Lucca instantly shut up. "Thank you!" Marle said.

Magus sighed. They were getting nowhere fast. How were they supposed to defeat Zovak when they couldn’t even get along amongst themselves? Oh Schala, if only you were here to help, he thought.

"Hey Magus, what planet are you on?" Taryn said, interrupted his thoughts.

Magus shook his head. "Uh, I’m sorry, what?"

Taryn laughed. "You were a million miles away, welcome back to Earth."

"Oh, I’m sorry. Has anyone come up with a plan yet?" Magus wondered.

Taryn nodded. "Amazingly, we managed to do it. Crono, tell him the plan, big guy."

Crono cleared his throat. "Well, since Zovak thinks you are the person with the energy he needs, we’ll set a trap to lure him out into the open, then attack him. You, Magus, can been out in the open somewhere, then when he tries to steal your power, we’ll ambush him. How does that sound?"

"Well, it does sound good, and since it’s the only plan we have, let’s go for it," Magus agreed, "When shall we begin?"

.

Go To Chapter 6

Return To CT Fanfic