Resumption and Conclusion Chapter 14

By Foeciusfoe

Outside Death Corps HQ

Duvall Roberts sits atop his mount with a smug look on his face. He had ensnared the Death Corps. There was no escape. The smile crossing his demonic lips spoke volumes of the insane actions he had in store for whatever members of the resistance were within. To his side, Captain Hendrycks, the most senior officer of the Hokuten, waits patiently.

“My liege?” He spoke up.

Duvall was broken from his trance. “What is it, captain?”

“We can move in at any time and wipe them out, sir.” Hendrycks paused waiting for a response. “On your orders of course, sir.”

Duvall Turned to face the man out of the corner of his eye,sneering. The captain retreated in his seat a bit. Though he didn’t respect Duvall, he did know what the man was capable of.

“Well Captain…Hendrycks was it?” Duvall began fixing his glance again on the canyon the Death corps had hidden in. “I guess I turn the offensive over to you now.” He smiled again. “I trust you won’t disappoint me.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Mandalia Docks

It is now well past the midnight hour and still no sign of Ramza’s arrival. Parrel and Clarice remain hidden amongst the many crates that fill the port and grow impatient.

“I don’t like this.” Clarice said. “Ramza should have been here hours ago. Were sitting ducks out here.”

“Be patient.” Parrel assured her. “If Salman believes this Gent person, then I think we should respect his beliefs.”

“Look, I love Salman, but sitting here, surrounded by the enemy for the past few hours is not my idea of proving my love.”

“You have a problem with the attack?” he asked.

“As a mater of fact, yes.” She began. “This area is under the Igros circle of influence, right? Then why is Duvall not here? Why are there no Hokuten? And most importantly, if Ramza is this much of a threat, why is Delita not here to see this fir….”

Parrel raised a finger to silence her. “Shh, something is happening.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“What the hell is that?” Liam said as he pointed off to the horizon.

Mustadio gazed over his shoulder to see a bright flare burning in the sky. “We are all in serious trouble…”

Liam, retuning to his careful viewing of Donavan, asks perplexedly. “Relax, Mustadio. Don’t compromise our position for some fireworks.”

“You don’t understand.” Mustadio began, “That flare came from outside of HQ.”

Liam’s face became deathly serious. “We need to signal Salman, and get the hell out of here. Gent has set us up.”

“No he hasn’t,” Mustadio started as he pointed towards a confused Gent. “Someone set us both up.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Gent gazes up at the sky just in time to see the flare burnout in the air. Fully realizing what this means, Gent Quickly grasped the kiyomori from his back.

BAMN. The sound of a lone gunshot rings through the quiet air. The lone bullet fire catches Gent’s mount square in the neck,silencing the beast in a single shot. The chocobo’s lifeless carcass Slamming against the floor, dragging Gent down with it. Gent Quickly rises to his feet, flinging his cloak from his face, and drawing his blade into a battle stance. He gazes up searching for the source of the shot, and finds only possible origin. Dead ahead of him Lieutenant Sajah stood with his entire patrol, preparing to encircle Gent.

Sajah drew his rune blade casually as his patrol maneuvered Gent into a corner. “Delita has known of your little coup attempt for quite some time, Gent. Your Poor father must rue the day your mother spat you from her…”

“Leave my Mother out of this, you dirty son of a bitch.” Gent Spat. “You know that you have no chance against me.”

Sajah simply smiled. “Things have changed since we were lowly cadets, my friend. When your father informed me of this plan of his to ensnare you and the death corps, he made sure to furnish me with something that may give me a bit of an edge over any opponent I may face.”

“What the hell are you babbling about, Sajah?”

Sajah smiled and reached deep into his tunic to retrieve a small yellow stone. Gent’s jaw dropped. Sajah’s smile grew even larger.

“I judge from the look on your face that you recognize the item in my hand. There’s quite the history behind this little gem here. AsI understand it, its previous owner was a wizard by the name of Elbidibs. I’m not sure of how he lost control over this little beauty, but who am I to complain.”

BAMN! Gunshots once again ring aloud in the empty air of the docks. This time the source can be traced to four snipers atop the nearby boathouse. A hail of gunfire strikes down the entire support troupe accompanying Lieutenant Sajah. Yet Sajah Remains unfazed, smiling, and focusing his attention solely on Gent.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Atop the Boathouse

“Alright, Gent can handle himself from here,” Mustadio said,guiding traffic, “We need to take down Donovan quickly!”

“Mustadio!” Liam yelled.

“WHAT?”

“I’ve lost sight of Donovan!”

“WHAT!!” Mustadio Screamed.

“That’s the least of our worries though.” Liam said as he grabbed Mustadio By the cloak collar. “That powder you smell….It’s not from our charges!”

Mustadio turned to stare at the other two Snipers on the roof with them. “Get the hell off this roof, right now! It’s going to…”

.

Go To Chapter 15

Return To FFTactics Fanfic