The Ancient Tree Chapter 11

Confrontation

By jenyf86

“It’s time,” Crono announced.

The small group was standing in front of the tree the next night, waiting for Kinishi to appear. They had stayed there all day, but nothing had happened.

“He’ll come.” Lucca looked around. “I don’t see him yet, but it won’t be too long now.”

“Yup, and I see something,” Tosha said from the tree he was in. He was staying guard, because he had the best vision. “I’m not sure it’s him, but better safe than sorry. Prepare for combat.” Tosha stood in the tree, ready to drop down when needed.

Crono stood next to the great tree, Marle next to him. Lucca was hiding in the bushes, nearby. The twins and Glenn were somewhere close by.

“Yes, that’s him alright!” Tosha whispered.

At that moment, Kinishi appeared near the tree Tosha stood in. Tosha jumped out and landed on Kinishi, sword drawn. But Kinishi was quick; he moved away yelling:

“You little brats! You won’t ever win against me!”

“Yeah? Well that’s what you think!” Crono said, charging at Kinishi with his sword. But the evil man simply disappeared, leaving Crono standing there. Kinishi reappeared behind Crono and knocked him out.

Marle took a good shot with her crossbow; the arrow ripped Kinishi’s sleeve. Lucca and Celia fired their guns, only touching Kinishi’s arms and legs. Kirin was shooting arrows at him, hitting him occasionally. But Kinishi wasn ’t tiring, or didn’t even seem hurt, even when Glenn sliced his left arm off.

“Mwahahahahahaha! You can’t kill me with simple weapons, poor people. Do you think I would allow that? No, of course not!” His arm grew back.

“Okay then!” Marle yelled. “Let’s use some magic. Crono! Lucca! Delta Force!”

Marle summoned her ice powers with Crono and Lucca summoning their lightning and fire powers. The three friends formed a triangle and their magic burst out. Kinishi fell to the ground, but got back up quickly.

“Magic won’t kill me either!” Kinishi said. But he sounded a little uncertain.

Glenn, Lucca, Crono and Marle continued their magic spells while Tosha and his sisters attacked. Still Kinishi was standing, almost undamaged.

“How in the world will we ever win?!” Crono cried when he got knocked to the floor.

Kinishi was starting to use some magic of his own. He cast a spell, probably shadow magic, that knocked everyone to the ground gasping for breath.

Tosha and his sisters stood back awhile; they had never been in a fight before, so it was very tiring for them.

“Listen,” Tosha said. “Celia, Kirin, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“We already are!” Kirin cried. “Kinishi maybe didn’t hurt us physically, be he did hurt us mentally. He killed our parents, remember! And I wont let him get away! Not this time, Not ever!”

“She’s right, Tosha,” Celia said quietly. “I’ll fight till the end.”

Tosha sighted. “Okay, but don’t blame it on me if you get hurt. I feel the same way you do, and that’s why I’m worried. I already lost people I loved, I don’t want to lose you, too.” He looked around at his new friends battling. “We have to find a way to beat the monster. How do we beat it? I don’t know. He seems to be full of energy, but he started using magic, which probably means he’s not so sure he can win anymore. But there has to be some way to…”

“Let’s continue fighting till we find something,” Celia said. She and Kirin returned to the battle field and started firing their arrows and bullets again. Tosha too returned to his fighting position.

They battled till they didn’t have any more energy. The twins climbed into a tree and stayed there awhile, regaining their forces.

“We have to do something!” Kirin raged. “We can’t let that… that thing get us. We can’t let him be all happy and rule the world. We can’t let him destroy the tree. We can’t let him kill more and more people. We can’t let him live!”

“Kirin…” Celia said calmly. “I know all that, but we don’t have a weapon strong enough. We can’t do a thing.”

“But, Celia…” Kirin’s eyes started gleaming with tears. “We can’t abandon. We can’t lose hope…” She started crying.

“Kirin, look at the others. They’re all beaten up. Nothing can be done. Kinishi is too powerful. He’s going to kill us all. I don’t have any hope left.”

“NO! No you still have hope! Remember what our parents used to say: Even when you think everything is lost, that there is nothing left, don’t abandon, don’t lose hope. We’re not dead yet. We can still do some damage to Kinishi. We can’t lose! We’ve already lost enough! We can’t lose ourselves!”

Celia didn’t reply. She looked away. “I’m sorry.” She looked at Kirin again, tears streaming down her face. “I love you, sis. I always will.” The two girls hugged each other and joined their hands.

“I love you too, Celia.” Crying, they looked at Kinishi. He stopped attacking; so did the others.

Celia and Kirin started glowing. They closed their eyes and said in unison, “This is for our parents, for Tosha, and all we love. This is for the people who suffered, who died because of you. The monster you are will die, and leave you as a scared boy to fear all. Kinishi, you won’t die, you will suffer for eternity. You will be scared for ever!”

The twins shot their hands toward Kinishi, and a bolt of electricity shot out towards him. The monster that had once been a vicious man disappeared, leaving only a long dark blue cape on the ground, wrapped around a shivering, scared little boy.

“NO! NO! This can’t be!” Kinishi, the defenseless boy yelled. “Nooooooooooooooooooo!” he cried running away through the forest.

.

Go To Epilogue

Return To CT Fanfic