Destiny Awaits- Leene's Story Chapter 13

By Jupiterstar

Leene walked in her front door and called to her mother to see if she was home. She wasn’t. Leene set her schoolbag on the kitchen chair and went up to her room where she flopped on her bed and sighed happily.

Everything was going perfectly.

* * *

Leene turned over in her bed. The dim lights outside made paintings on her wall through the open blinds. Annoyed, Leene got up to close them. When she got to the window she saw two figures below.

Peering closer, Leene still couldn’t make out who they were. Wondering what they were doing on her parents’ property and out so late at night, Leene went downstairs to the front door.

She opened it up as quietly as she could and walked outside. The cold air stung her bare feet and face. She hugged herself for warmth and marched down the front door stairs.

As she got closer Leene saw that one of the people was Ginny and the other was the knight captain that she supposedly broke up with last year. They were in each other’s arms and kissing. Leene stifled a gasp.

She turned around and ran as fast as she could in the door and up to her room. Her breath was coming in shallow pants. She huddled in her bed and drew the covers up to her chin. She had a very bad feeling about this.

* * *

Leene woke up the next morning not knowing how she got to sleep last night. She pushed aside horrible thoughts and got out of bed. There was a parcel laying on her floor next the door.

Leene looked at the package. It was wrapped in brown paper and tied up with a string. Nothing fancy. Leene slowly opened it up. Inside was a box with a note taped to the top.

It was in Ginny’s handwriting. Leene shakily held it up and read the words that jumped out at her face.

Leene~

Don’t be afraid. I went with the knight captain. We’ll have a life together and everything will be fine, you’ll see. Please don’t tell Mom and Dad where I went, it will break their hearts.

With love,

Ginny

P.S. I’ll never forget you.

Leene could feel tears falling down her cheeks and hitting her nightgown. She wiped them away and opened the box. It was a butterfly net.

.

Go To Chapter 14

Return To CT Fanfic