Destiny Awaits- Leene's Story Chapter 14

By Jupiterstar

Leene’s parents were frantic. They called everywhere, Ginny’s best friend’s house, the school, even the police. There was no sign of their daughter. Leene didn’t tell her parents about the net or the note, just like Ginny wanted.

Her parents eventually stopped looking, but they never stopped hoping that someday their little girl would come back home. They locked all of her things up in her room, but before they did, Leene went in and took Ginny’s music box and her set of oils that she used to paint with.

Leene was no artist, but she tried her best and drew a picture of Ginny with the oils. She made sure she accented Ginny’s strawberry blond hair and bright green eyes. Then she put all the things in her closet and kept them there. They were there whenever she needed them.

Cyrus dropped out of training for awhile so he could be with their parents when they needed him the most. It must have helped, because their parents relaxed just a tad bit more.

It wasn’t until a while later that Leene realized their lives would never be the same. There would always be a memory there that haunted dreams and made tears fall. They couldn’t ever forget a daughter, but they tried to make the best of it.

Leene began to resent Ginny for ruining their lives. Now her parents were solemn and silent. They almost never laughed and wore tired looks that made them look ten years older.

One particularly hard day after school, Leene came home furious. She stamped up to her room and threw herself onto her bed. As tears fell down her cheeks, she could hear her parents in the other room. Her mother was sobbing and talking about Ginny.

At that instant Leene hated Ginny more than anything else in the world. She got up and raced over to her closet. Ginny’s oils were still in the back. Leene yanked them out and threw them around the room, screaming with each one.

Then she tore up the picture of Ginny she had painted into tiny pieces and hurled them into the air.

"I hate you Ginny!!! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!!! You made Mom cry!!!" Leene yelled out in anger. Then she collapsed into sobs and sank down into the bed.

She looked through teary eyes to see a small stuffed animal lying on the bed. It was the pink rabbit Ginny had given Leene for her 6th birthday. Leene gently picked it up and rubbed its velvet nose. Then she flung it across the room and buried her head in her tunic sleeves.

.

Go To Chapter 15

Return To CT Fanfic