Destiny Awaits- Leene's Story Chapter 16

By Jupiterstar

Two months later…

The sun shone down brightly on Truce and Leene sat out on a flower-covered hill. There were all sorts of marigolds and tulips, just beginning to bloom in the early spring. Leene’s floral sundress matched the scenic atmosphere.

She sighed and laid back as Grant walked up to where she was lounging. He quietly snuck behind her and shouted "Boo!"

Leene shrieked in surprise. Then she laughed and playfully punched Grant on the shoulder.

"How rude!" she scolded as he sat down beside her. He smiled for a second, but then a solemn look came over his face.

"Leene, I haven’t been completely truthful with you," he admitted. Leene looked confused, but Grant didn’t look at her face.

"Wh…what do you mean?" she asked, hoping this was another joke. Grant sighed.

"I never told you who I really am. I’m not just some guy off the streets," Grant continued. Leene grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"Who cares? It’s fine the way it is." Grant shook his head and brushed off her touch.

"I’m…I’m…the…" Leene stared at him.

"I’m the prince of Guardia," Grant finally got out. He hung his head as Leene gasped and turned ghostly white. She shakily stood up.

"Why didn’t you ever tell me?" she asked with tears in her eyes. Grant got to his feet to look straight at her.

"I was afraid you wouldn’t like me if you knew…well…that," he took her hands in his and tried to look her in the eyes.

"Do you hate me?" he asked softly. Leene shook her head and threw her arms around his neck.

"I could never hate you Grant," she confided. He let out a sigh of relief and hugged Leene back. They stood there for a couple of seconds before breaking apart.

"Do you want to come see the river?" Grant asked.

"Of course!" Leene answered. Hand in hand they ran down the side of the hill into the forest, the flowers waving in the breeze.

.

Go To Chapter 17

Return To CT Fanfic