Destiny Awaits- Leene's Story Chapter 18

By Jupiterstar

Three months later…

Leene stared at the dress before her. She studied it and raised her eyebrows.

"It’s very…original," she offered. "But no."

The dress was pulled away and another was brought before her. This one had lace and was dripping with diamonds. Leene grimaced.

"No, no and no," she said. Her mother threw her hands up and approached her daughter.

"Will you never agree to one of these? They were made by the finest designers in the entire world!" Leene shrugged.

"I don’t like any of them. It’s certainly not my fault." Her mother sighed in exasperation.

"Well, how about…" Leene gasped and pointed across the room at a simple yet elegant dress in the corner.

"That one!" Her mother glanced at where she was pointing.

"That one? But it’s so…normal." Leene frowned at her mother and went over to examine the dress better. It was soft and pretty and suited Leene perfectly.

"I love it!" she cried. "I’ll take this one!" She took the dress of the hanger and carefully set it on the chair she had been sitting on.

"Now, what next?" she asked, rubbing her hands together and licking her lips. Her mother sighed.

"I give up. Go over and decide what to serve as food." Leene looked at her with surprise.

"Me? Alone? Oh no Mother, you have to help. I can barely cook!" her mother nodded wearily and walked after Leene as they went over to a man wearing a chef’s hat talking to Grant.

"Ah princess Leene," the cook commented when Leene and her mother grew near. Leene frowned.

"Don’t call me that. We’re not married yet." The cook shrugged and took out a huge long list covered with recipes and meal ideas. Leene, her mother, and Grant all stared at it with huge eyes.

"Okay," the chef said, clearing his throat. "We can serve beef if you want a full meal, but that is so rich. Just like the pasta, which I personally do not recommend. The pork is good, but only if you want to serve lots of things with it. We also have appetizers for that simple touch. Chicken is good. I can do chicken. And yet I love the jerky. I make the best jerky in town! Sometimes I make large batches of blah…blah…blah…"

.

Go To Chapter 19

Return To CT Fanfic