Destiny Awaits- Leene's Story Chapter 30

By Jupiterstar

Five years later…

Grant sat impatiently, tapping his fingers on the armrest of his throne. Leene put her hand to her head and sighed. Another bad war report and Grant was going to be in one of his moods again.

"Well?" Grant bellowed. "What is the report this time?"

A lone soldier stood up and took a crumpled paper from his armor. He cleared his throat and began.

"From the Guardia soldiers; 24 dead, 13 wounded, and 52 ready and awaiting orders. 3 medical assistants, 2 generals, and 5 horses. We lost one sir."

Grant blinked.

"Lost one what?"

"Horse, sir."

Leene stood up and went over to Grant’s throne. She put her hands on his arm and kneeled down.

"Honey, please. Let’s go to sleep. You’re tired and not thinking clearly and-"

"Don’t tell me what to do Leene!" Grant yelled, pushing her backwards. Leene lost her balance and fell as she stared open-mouthed at her husband.

"Why you overgrown, arrogant, selfish bastard!" Leene screamed as she picked herself up off the floor.

"I can’t wait until this war is over! You won’t even talk to me anymore! I’m not even sure why I married you!"

Grant slammed his hands down on the arms of his throne and jumped up.

"Fine! Leave! See if I care! You never gave me anything anyway!"

Leene glowered at him, then took her crown off her head and held it in her hands.

"I despise you," she said, her voice laced with anger. She threw her crown as hard as she could against the wall of the throne room, then lowered her hands and walked silently out of the room.

I hate him, she thought to herself. He doesn’t car about me at all.

She started up the flights of stone stairs and slammed her feet down with each step.

Suddenly, a hand shot out of a nearby doorway and grabbed Leene squarely over the mouth. She tried to scream as she was pulled into a darkened room.

A dagger was placed carefully against her throat. She grabbed the hand that held her, but dared not move anymore. She could feel the metal digging into her skin.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" The Chancellor’s voice said. "Ah, Queen Leene. It’s a pity I’ll have to kill you. You really are quite beautiful."

Leene struggled against the restraint. She knew the Chancellor had been up to something, but was he really planning on killing her?

"Knock her out," the Chancellor ordered. "We can’t risk her making any noise."

Leene felt herself being hit over the head and the world went black.

.

Go To Chapter 31

Return To CT Fanfic