Destiny Awaits- Leene's Story Chapter 32

By Jupiterstar

"Leene!" Grant cried. He raced for her, his arms open, and she fell against his chest, her tears splattering on his red shirt. He held her tightly as if never to lose her again.

"Oh Leene you had me so worried," he said softly as he stoked her silken hair. She nodded and pulled away, brushing her tears with the back of her hand.

"I have Frog, Crono, and Lucca to thank for rescuing me," she said proudly for all to hear. The Chancellor stepped forward.

"That no good Yakra! Impersonating me and kidnapping the Queen! We must create a criminal justice system to do away with such fiends!"

Grant nodded and put his arm around Leene’s waist.

"We thought we’d found you, but really it was a girl who looked just like you." Leene smiled.

"‘Twas a fault of mine which endangered the Queen. I hath disgraced thee," Frog said as he bowed to the ground.

"No!" Leene yelled in protest. Frog held up a green hand.

"Your brother asked me to protect you. I hath failed that." With that he walked down the stairs to the entrance of the castle. Leene watched him go with a lump in her thoat.

"Oh! Princess Nadia!" Lucca cried. She and Crono dashed up to Leene and Grant’s bedroom. Grant hugged Leene tightly again and Leene let him hold her, taking in everything, from the smell of his cologne, to the wisps in his hair, determined not to let it go.

A moment later, Lucca and Crono came running down with a girl. She had the same golden hair and vivid green eyes as Leene and Leene gasped in shock when she saw her.

"My! You could be my twin!" she said in surprise. Princess Nadia, as Lucca had called her, looked fairly astonished herself.

"Princess Nadia, we really must be going," Lucca told Nadia. Nadia smiled at Leene and the three were off.

Grant and Leene walked up the rounding staircase to their bedroom with their arms around each other.

"Oh Grant," Leene said softly. "I’m so sorry for what I said before. This war has taken its toll on everybody."

Grant led her into the darkened room and laid her down on the bed. She kissed him softly and he sat beside her.

"No matter what you say, I’ll always love you" he murmured. Their lips met and Leene wrapped her arms around her husband’s shoulders as he kissed her cheeks, her neck. She sighed, for she had found her destiny. The moon rose high in the sky and the crickets chirped, the night was young again.

.

Go To Chapter 33

Return To CT Fanfic