Ash Through Time Part 9

By Kasady Voorhees

11,998 B.C. an open field

Ash looked away fromt he abttle long enough to notice, but not in time to stop the leader from stepping through the doorway. He ran to the small gate, hoping to get through to his world, but he stopped in time to see that if he had gone through, he would have stuck himself in the middle of enemy territory. The gateway closed. "No. No. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" he screamed out, almost loud enough that if the gate had been open, they might have heard him on the other side. He was losing. He knew his allies on the other side were losing. He knew his allies HERE were losing. But he knew that no one lost until they were dead, and he didn't plan on dying. He re-loaded his shotgun, not an easy task only having one hand. His last 2 shells. They had to count.

Marle and Lucca were being pinned down by a large rotting ogre. Dinner was about to be served. But Ash had other ideas. "Hey, you! Yes, YOU!" he taunted it. It turned to him. "You want a piece of me? Do you? Well, do you?" he taunted it more. It started walking towards him. "I thought so" he snapped at it. The thing ran to him, only to meet with a chainsaw through it's head. He walked to the two girls and helped them up. "You two, get your weapons out. If you don't recognize it, kill it!" he told them. they didn't argue.

Robo was tending to his wound. At least losing an arm was better than being blown up. As he was tying up the ripped wires and tubes, a creature latched onto his back. "I'll swallow your SOUL!" it screamed. But all it managed to do was irritate Robo. He grabbed it's head and snapped it forward, so hard that when it impacted the ground, it broke into several pieces. He walked over to Magus. Magus was still bleeding terribly, even after frog used his heal spells, which did little. Robo had the extra gate key. "Frog, lift him onto my back" Robo told him. Frog hesitated. If Magus died, he would become human again. But if Magus died, then there was a chance these things would overpower them, and kill them all. Plus what if Frog lost his magic skills in the process? "I need him on my back now to get him to safety. I can't lift him myself!" Robo said, breaking Frog's train of thought. Robo kneeled down, and frog pushed Magus onto Robo's back. They made sure Magus was holding on before he got up. Magus couldn't even talk, the blood loss and cold had traumatized him. Robo ran over to the small sphere where the gate was. he held up the gate key and it opened. Robo ran through, but he failed to see the creature that snuck through right behind him.

.

End of Time

Robo stepped up to Gaspar, who was asleep, as usual. Robo set Magus down, and woke the old man. "yes, what is.....oh, dear" he said as he noticed Magus. Just then Spekkio walked through the door. He had come out to wake Gaspar, not expecting a dying man. "Maybe I should come back...." he said. Robo knew Magus needed to be heated. "I need a fire now!" Robo ordered. Spekkio knew arguing would be a losing battle for someone, so he complied. Magus was starting to wake up. "There may be only one way to save this man" Gaspar stated, " and you might not like it". "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Robo said, not in the mood to hear it. "Let me guess, if this has anything to do with Ozzie, I will scream!" he told Gaspar. Gaspar straightened his clothes. "well, get ready to scream" he said. Had they looked, they would have seen the deadite creature that snuck through slip through a time gate.

.

602 A.D. woods near Ozzie's fort

Ozzie, lash. and Flea were in the woods, terrorizing some small animals. The Mystics had become the humans' friends, and left them behind. The days of these three were now full of torturing small birds and trying to find food, both of which became activities that were becoming harder. Slash swung his sword blindly out of boredom, hoping to hit something. He did. But when he tried to pull his sword back, it wouldn't move. "This is odd..." he remarked. He looked and saw Robo holding the blade. "Hello, Slash" he smirked. The three looked a him. "Now, I need your boss to heal Magus, or else" he ordered. Ozzie looked at him. "I will NEVER heal that traitor!" he ordered. Bad move. Robo flipped up a small laser on his right shoulder and burned the area near Ozzie's feet. "I didn't ask you for help, I said you were going to help. Now get to work" he ordered. Slash was helpless, Flea was afraid, and Ozzie had no choice. Ozzie walked over to Magus and started the healing chants.

.

11,998 B.C. an open field

The team had killed almost all of the dead creatures that had been called through. The bodies and parts had piled up all over. Thankfully, none of them had invaded the nearvy village, which housed the only people in this time. The only thing left to do was clean up, throw the bodies into the ocean, and clear out the other time periods. Crono had just slashed the last one to pieces and it was time to leave. "Okay, spiky, and frog thing, come with me. the other two take the airplane" Ash ordered. They were getting ready to leave, when something moved behind a pile. Crono went over to investigate. He drew his sword, not exactly ready for what it could be. Ash followed him over to the creature. They expected another large, hungry creature. What they found was one of the brown, spiny Imp creatures Ash had seen before. It was trembling in fear, something Ash had never seen from these things before. It spoke, "don't...kill me...."

.

Go To Part 10

Return To CT Fanfic