The Great Revenge Part 2: The Cloud Wars Chapter 4

Aboni is Inoba Backwards

By Limited Moon

Inoba and the robed man looked upon their finished...er...contraption. It was well-made, but shabby.

"Hm...this will work," the man said.

"Now whats do we do?" Inoba said, scratching his head.

The robed man pushed a small button on the top of the contraption, and a portal appeared in the middle of it. The robed man pushed Inoba directly inside and then jumped in himself.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

There was nothing but rubble left where the Highwind exploded. Squoud looked around the rubble, seeing if he could find a way to make it into a way to get to Cloud. He was an interdimensional being, so no goal was really out of his reach. He held his hand out, and concentrated. Soon, a large flash engulfed the area, and the highwind completely reconstructed itself in less than 10 seconds. Squoud nodded in approval. Just then, a large object fell directly on him, knocking him into the ground.

"Ohhh...," he heard the thing say.

"Well, this is amazing!" he heard another voice say, "it's an interdimensional vehicle, what luck!"

Squoud threw the thing off of him and stood up, he was pretty angry, but it was hard to tell because his face always had a 'neutral' look.

"Uh, who are you?" the robed man said, scratching the top of his hood.

"I'm Squoud," Squoud replied.

"Ow...what'd I do?!" Inoba said, getting up.

"We're looking for a man named Cloud Strife, have you seen him?" the robed man asked.

"I'm looking for Cloud, he's in another dimension, and i'm going after him," Squoud said in complete monotone.

"That's great, we have a similar goal, we could join forces!" the robed man said.

"Join?" Squoud said, scratching his head.

"Yes, three evil people searching for one person is better than one evil person searching for one person in a large interdimensional airship that looks really cool," the robed man said really fast, "give me a minute to catch...my breath."

"Ok, I guess," Squoud said.

"Good, so where did he escape to?" the robed man asked.

"Uooh...," Inoba moaned, still having not gotten up.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"You guys would've been done for if it wasn't for Squall here," Zell said, patting Squall on the back.

"Um...thanks, Squall," Tifa said.

"...I'm Squall," Squall said in complete monotone.

"GOD $#$%^$&%&% MOTHER #@$##$$%! What the #@#%$#^% is up with this $%$#!!! Cloud's %$#!@@!@# EVERYWHERE!" Cid yelled.

"I'm Cloud," Cloud replied in complete monotone.

"We're from Garden," Zell said, "so you're in good hands for now."

"Where do you plant the corn?" Cait Sith said, giggling.

"....MY GOD WHY WONT YOU...AH FORGET IT...!" Rufus yelled, thinking what was the use.

"Hey, I have an idea!" Vincent said, taking a small notepad and a pen out.

"What are you doing?" Rufus asked.

"Ok, whenever someone makes an FF game reference, i'll give that person a point, it's something to keep me busy," Vincent replied.

"Oh," Rufus said, rolling his eyes, "you just do that."

"We'll be back at Balamb Garden soon, so until then just sit tight, ok?" Zell said, smiling.

"I can't stand that tatoo thing on the side of his face," Aerith said, then she sneezed abruptly.

"Aerith, 1 point," Vincent said, writing it down.

"Huh?" Aerith replied.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hmm...," RedXIII said, "interesting."

"What the hell are you looking at?" Barret said, walking to his side.

"A large blip has appeared on this screen, I think a large amount of energy has been amassed near the eastern mountains," RedXIII replied.

"Uh, is that bad?" Barret asked.

"IS IT BAD?" RedXIII said, "NO! This could be our ticket to saving everyone!"

"Then to the damn eastern mountains we go!" Barret said.

They rushed through Midgar as fast as they could, running out the entrance, and towards the eastern mountains. However, as they ran out the entrance...

"Hihi!" Palmer said, waving.

"Oh god, not fat-ass again!" Barret grumbled.

"We have no time to waste talking to him, run!" RedXIII said.

They ran directly past Palmer, who was scratching his head in confusion, he saw them running into the distance and looked around.

"Uh...HEY GUYS WAIT FOR ME!" he yelled, running after them.

"Aw, damnit!" Barret said, "now Palmer's following us!"

"That doesen't matter, look, there it is! It's...the highwind?!" RedXIII said.

"It's taking off, we gotta get to it!" Barret yelled.

Barret, RedXIII and Palmer quickly ran towards the ship, and grabbed onto one of the poles the propellor was attached to. The three hung on for dear life as the Highwind rose into the air.

"Why da hell did you follow us?!" Barret said to Palmer.

"I wanted to ask you if you were intersted in my new cosmetics line," Palmer said.

"What the hell are you tryin' to do with a cosmetics line?!" Barret yelled.

"I don't know," Palmer said, "I need the money."

There was silence for a couple of seconds.

"Why do I feel like i'm forgetting something...damn!" Barret said at last.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Daddy?" Marlene said, still wandering around the Deva System, "where did you go, daddy? I'm hungry."

She looked around the Deva System room, finally spotting a snack machine in the corner. She smiled and ran over to the snack machine. Taking out several quarters, she got 2 snickers and a can of soda from it.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Welcome to Balamb Garden," said a young woman with blond hair, "Professor Cid will be with you all shortly."

"We'll tell him about you," Zell said, "in the meantime, hang tight guys, ok?"

"'Hang tight guys, ok?'" Rufus said, mocking them right after they left the room, "Barret is either stupid, or slow, for not fishing us out by now."

Tifa looked around, and sighed, "I called Barret approximately 7 hours ago, he should have saved us by now definetely," she said.

"Cait Sith, do you have anything else in that bag that would help us in any way?" Vincent asked.

"Uh...let me see," Cait Sith said, throwing the bag on the ground. He shuffled through it, throwing clotheslines, action figures, a full 200+ collection of Beanie Babies, and even a large van before he let out a sigh, he put everything back in the bag, and threw it over his shoulder.

"Well?" Vincent asked.

"nope, nothing at all," Cait Sith said, "there's no escape."

Vincent took out his notepad and scribbled something on it, and then returned it to his pocket.

"What was that for?" Cait Sith asked.

"You got a point," Vincent said, smiling.

"%@$%#%#%^!" Cid yelled coming down the hall, "these people have weird $$%$# bathrooms!"

"Oh, hi Cid," Aerith said, "we're going to be introduced to the professor!"

"$%$#%#%#$ the professor," Cid said, lighting a cigarette.

Squall suddenly poked his head through the door, everyone looked at him waiting for him to say something.

"It's a meeting," Squall said, opening the door, "come in."

"$##$#@@#@!!!" Cid said, puffing on a cigarette.

They walked into the meeting room, where the professor of Balamb Garden sat, smiling. The group sat down, and waited for the professor to start, Squall and Zell went outside.

"Greetings, foreigners, I am Professor Cid, principal (if you will) of the Balamb Garden Military Training School," the professor said.

"Principal? This is some kind of school?!" Rufus asked.

"Almost, we train new recruits for the Balamb Garden military units, SeeD, Squall and Zell, who saved you, are two of my best cadets," Professor Cid replied.

Cait Sith opened his mouth, but Rufus elbowed him in the stomach to shut him up, "hey, that hurt!" Cait said, rubbing his stomach.

"Would any of you, by any chance, be interested in enrolling in Garden sometime? I think you all have excellent potential...except the little cat over in the corner," Professor Cid said.

"I wouldn't want to anyway," Cait Sith mumbled.

"We're not interested in joining your Garden whatsoever," Rufus said, "we only want to get back to our dimension."

"Your dimension?" Professor Cid said, "interesting, i'll give it that."

"Yeah, we're only here because of the stupid helmet and that dumb door and Barret," Cait Sith said.

"THAT'S IT, NOBODY INSULTS MY DOOR!" Rufus yelled taking out his shotgun.

"Now now!" Professor Cid said, "we'll have no resorting to violence in this room, if you are going to use violence, use it in the virtual battlefield!"

"Hee hee!" Cait Sith said, jumping out of his chair, "you can't do anything about me! I can insult you all I want! Rufus is a scumbag, with ugly hair! He likes a big ugly door, and looks like a bear!"

"SHUT UP!" Rufus yelled.

Cait Sith began jumping and dancing around Rufus, whose face was turning bright red, singing that phrase over and over.

Cid, obviously disturbed by Cait's singing, turned to Cloud, who was still completely silent, "still have nothing to say?" he asked.

Cloud nodded silently.

Just then, a bright light suddenly flashed into the room. After a couple of seconds, it completely dimmed. Everyone (except Cait Sith and Rufus) ran to the window to look at what happened.

Cid's cigarette fell to the ground as he saw the HIGHWIND start towards the building.

"It's the highwind," Cloud said in complete monotone.

"SHUT UP YOU $#%#%#%$ WE ALL KNOW THAT!" Cid yelled, furiously.

Suddenly, the highwind made a small turn and everyone could see Barret, RedXIII and Palmer on one of the poles the rotors were attached to. Apparently the three saw them too, as they were waving.

"So that was what Barret was doing," Tifa said.

"Interesting," Rufus stated, "he's more stupid than I previously thought."

Cait Sith looked around, and saw it. The door laying by the helmet, all alone and forgotten. He looked in Neko's bag, and found what he wanted, a can of spray paint. He smiled deviously.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hmm," Squoud said, working the computer, "Cloud's nearby, I can feel it."

"Wow, this means we'll get the clobber him, right?" Inoba said, looking up excitedly.

"Not just yet," the robed man said, "Cloud's not alone, he has friends with him as well."

"Oh yeah," Inoba said, "you mean like that lady with a top and shorts on, right?"

"Friends?" Squoud said, turning around.

"Yes, i'm not sure if our combined powers can beat all of them," the robed man said in deep thought.

"We can try," Squoud said, "besides, I only want to kill Cloud."

.

Go To Chapter 5

Return To FF7 Fanfic