"For Guardia!" Chapter 4

Bearer of Bad News

By Master Odin

2015 AD; EARTH B9-14PS2

 

Amy got off the desk after having their talk about seeing Crono and headed toward the doors. She opened them to leave and saw a short Asian-American man standing there. "Uh, can I help you sir?" she asked.

"My name is Mr. Nara. I am here to see Mr. Aran about my product."

"Sure. Just a moment." She turned around. "Jeremiah, there's a Mr. Nara here to see you."

Jeremiah looked at the man, slightly confused. His face then lit up. "Mr. Nara! You're early. Please, come in."

"Thank you," Mr. Nara said as he walked in. Amy left and closed the doors behind her.

When the man got to the desk Jeremiah said, "You've got a lot of balls meeting me here. If someone figured out what we're up to, the entire mission is ruined, and we'll all end up being destroyed."

"I have my reasons."

Jeremiah grinned as he thought of something. "You couldn't come up with a better name than 'Mr. Nara'?"

"This was spur of the moment. I really didn't have time to plan minor details."

"You're a bad actor too," Jeremiah said as he opened a small refrigerator near his desk. He pulled out a wine bottle and two wine glasses.

The mysterious man looked at him curiously. "What are you talking about?"

"The incident back in 2003. I'm surprised you haven't given yourself away." Jeremiah started pouring the wine in one of the glasses. "Would you like a glass?"

The man arched an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Jeremiah held the bottle gingerly with both hands, as if it was the most sacred object on earth. "It the wine that Cecil Dogonaz the First gave me before we left Yeolde. There's enough for one more glass in here."

"You drank it all?!"

Jeremiah shook his head. "Nay, my dear brother. This is one of three bottles that Cecil gave me. He made me vow to drink one on my wedding night and one on the night of my ultimate victory. He said that I could drink the other for what ever."

"I see. I think I'll take you up on that offer."

Jeremiah drained the bottle into the other glass. He handed it to the other man. "A toast."

"Toast?" the man asked with a raised eyebrow.

"To the mission. May Odin, although unwittingly, guide and protect you."

"To the mission!" the man said as they chimed their glasses together. The man stopped before he took a sip. "It's not poisoned, is it?"

Jeremiah glared at him with a funny grin on his face. "Now you of all people should know that if you go, I go. I have two children to raise, so I can't go just yet."

They took a sip of their wine. "This good stuff," the man said.

"Best year they have ever produced."

The man took another sip. "Oh, as to your previous comment, my 'Master' believes I am totally faithful."

"Well, as long as he and everyone else are fooled, I guess it doesn't matter." Jeremiah took another sip. "What brings you?"

"I've come with a warning." He took a sip of his wine. "My 'Master' is planning an all out attack in five years."

"Why so long?"

"I'm not sure. It has something to do with the Universal Alignment."

Jeremiah stared into his wine glass, thinking. "Why does your 'Master' desire the Sacred Planet so much?"

"I'm not certain. I do hear him say some things about once he has achieved his goal, he will finally have his vengeance against Odin."

Jeremiah thought for a moment. "Looks like I need to have a talk with Odin."

 

Amy thought for a moment after she had let "Mr. Nara" into Jeremiah's office and closed the door. "That's funny," she told herself. "I don't remember seeing an appointment for a Mr. Nara for today." She went over to her desk and looked in the appointment book. After scanning a few pages she said, "That's what I thought!" She crossed her arms and looked at the doors to her husband's office. "What are you up to, Jeremiah?"

.

Go To Chapter 5

Return To CC Fanfic
Return To CT Fanfic