"For Guardia!" Chapter 5

Brotherly Love

By Master Odin

END OF TIME; EARTH R0-9SNES

To the ignorant, it could be best described as if a small area of a cobblestone street that was tore from London, England in the late 1800's AD and thrown into an endless black void. It had a lone lamppost standing in the middle of the "street." It was surrounded by a fence. On one side there was a door. The side to the right of the door there was a short set of stairs. The side to the left of the door was a gate that leads to a small cobblestone platform. On this platform sat an advanced monitor system with two screens, dormant. The fourth side of the "street" had only the fence.

An Old Man was leaning against the lamppost, sleeping. He wore a gray trench coat and derby. He had a white mustache and a bubble coming from his mouth. He held a wooden cane with both hands as he slept.

To those with a bit more wisdom, this unusual place was the End of Time, and the Old Man as Gaspar.

A black energy mass appeared in front of Gaspar. It opened into a blue Gate. A powerful being stepped out of the Gate. He had a tall, slender build, but his demeanor would make even the largest of men cower. His skin was a faded gray. He had a thick head long white hair. He wore purple vest and trousers, brown leather boots and gloves. A long red cape draped from his shoulders.

The man walked up to Gaspar. He sighed. "How the hell can he sleep like that." He cleared his throat. "Gaspar." There was no response. "Wake up Old Man!" Still no response. The man reached over and popped Gaspar's bubble.

"Wha-?!" Gaspar yelled in surprise. He looked at the man. "Oh. Hello, Ja-, I mean, Magus."

One side of Magus' mouth curled up. "It doesn't matter anymore. The two people who said those names with love in their eyes are gone now. Neither name has any meaning to me anymore."

"Then I have a surprise for you," Gaspar said, a grin on his face. "I think my original theory about her was correct."

"What are you talking about?" Magus sneered.

"Use that new time travel spell that you've got there and go to Guardia Castle in 1022 AD. The answer is there. You may want to appear quite some distance from there, or there could be trouble."

Magus grabbed the Old Man by his collar and pulled him to him. "I'm not in the mood for your damn riddles! Now what the hell are you talking about?"

Again Gaspar grinned. He obviously had no fear of Magus. "I'd tell you, but I don't want to ruin the surprise."

Magus let Gaspar go. "This better not be one of yours and/or Spekkio's sick idea of a joke. If I find out that it is, I'll come back here and tear you both a new one."

Gaspar tipped his hat, making the sound of a whip cracking in the process. "Then I have nothing to fear."

Magus spread his arms out. "MoenaKrenomBordici," black and purple energy started to gather in his hands "TearonoSaiucKrenom!" He brought his hands together. The energy in each hand merged together. He started to move his hands around it as though he was molding the energy like clay until the it was a perfect sphere. He threw it a few feet from him and it opened into a Time Gate. He looked back and Gaspar, then walked into the Gate.

.

Go To Chapter 6

Return To CC Fanfic
Return To CT Fanfic