The Silence Broken Chapter 3

To Bring Back Loved Ones...

By Master Odin

"This definitely belonged to one of my brothers," a golden robot, much like the ones that attacked Chronan and Taban, said as he examined the robot arm that Crono and Lucca brought to him in 2310 AD.

"Do you think it's from before we destroyed Mother Brain, Robo?" Lucca asked.

"Possible, but not likely," Robo said. "If I recall correctly, Belthasar was just perfecting time travel in that time period, and no one else was studying it. The odds of them being sent by Mother Brain are little to none." He walked over to a monitor and read the read outs. "Also, the androids that attacked Chrono appear to have been made with highly superior materials like none I have seen before."

Crono was leaning against the wall listening to the discussion. He was trying to figure out why anyone would want to kidnap his father.

Lucca walked over to Crono and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Crono looked up at her, the sadness still in his eyes, and shook his head.

"What do you think we should do, Crono?" she asked him.

Crono looked at her, with his eyebrow cocked as though she had asked a stupid question.

"Maybe we should consult Gaspar about this," Robo suggested as he looked at the arm again. He was just as confused as the others.

Crono nodded his affirmation and led Lucca and Robo from Robo's home.

* * * * *

The Epoch appeared at next to a short set of stairs connected to what could be best described as if a small area of a cobblestone street that was tore from London, England in the late 1800's AD and thrown into an endless black void. It had a lone lamppost standing in the middle of the "street." It was surrounded by a fence. On the side to the right of the stairs was a door. Opposite of the stairs was a gate that led to a small, empty cobblestone platform. The fourth side of the "street" had only the fence.

An Old Man was leaning against the lamppost, sleeping. He wore a gray trench coat and derby. He had a white mustache and a bubble coming from his mouth. He held a wooden cane with both hands as he slept.

The Old Man's bubble popped at the sound of the Epoch's arrival. He turned to the stairs. "Welcome back to the End of Time, my friends!" the Old Man exclaimed with a tip of his hat, which cracked like a whip when he did.

"Hi, Gaspar!" Lucca greeted as she ran up the stairs, followed by Crono and Robo.

"What brings you here?" Gaspar queried after the three time travelers gathered near him.

With a great deal of flare, and a little exaggeration, Lucca explained what had transpired in the past few hours. Crono could not help but chuckle as she related parts of the what had occurred.

"I see," Gaspar said when she had finished. "So now you came here to see if you can find your father, correct?"

Crono nodded.

"Well, it'll take a little while, but I'll take a look and see if I can find him."

"We would be ever so grateful, sir," Robo said with a bow.

As Robo and Crono walked away, Lucca approached Gaspar.

"Gaspar, would you be willing to do me a favor as well?"

"What is it?"

"While you're looking for Crono's father, would you also look for Schala as well?"

"The Princess of Zeal?" Lucca nodded. "Very well."

"Oh, please don't tell anyone I asked."

Gaspar looked at her, slightly confused at her last request, but agreed.

Gaspar gazed up and began to scan the timeline. Lucca laid down for a nap while Robo shut himself down. Crono entered the room behind Gaspar. The inside of the room was similar to the rest of the End of Time. Standing in the center of the room was a red creature that looked like a head with short legs and long, skinny arms. On top of the head was a small tuft of green hair

"Well, what brings the King Crono here to see the mighty Spekkio, Master of War?" the creature asked.

Crono gave him a grim look and motioned to the room behind him.

"I see," the Master of War said. "Trying to find someone, eh?" Crono affirmed this with a nod. "Well, if he's out there, Gaspar will find him. Nothing escapes his eyes. Care for a little practice while you wait?"

Crono drew his katana. Its blade shown like a rainbow.

* * * * *

"Hey!" the Old Man said hours later. Crono returned as Lucca and Robo woke up.

"Did you find Crono's father?" Robo asked.

"Not after he disappeared. All I can do is search the timeline of this world's realm."

"What do you mean 'this world's realm?'" Lucca asked.

"There are other realms, or universes, other than our own. I might've been able to find him, if Melchior and Belthasar were here."

"We can arrange that!" Lucca exclaimed with a small jump.

"Maybe, but not now," Gaspar said. "You are needed in your own time. An army of what appears to be Mother Brain's robots is approaching your castle. Gather your friends from the other time periods. You're gonna need them."

"But what about the three at a time rule?" Lucca asked.

"A restriction that Lavos made while he lived, probably hoping that it would give him a better chance of succeeding. Now go!"

As the three warriors ran off, Gaspar called Lucca back. "Schala was nowhere to be found either. She may have befallen a similar fate as Chronan."

Saddened by the news, Lucca thanked him and ran off.

.

Go To Chapter 4

Return To CT Fanfic