The Silence Broken Chapter 6

Reunion of Lost Friends

By Master Odin

Lucca, Marle, Robo, Frog, Magus, Ayla, Taban, and Melchior were waiting in the throne room the next morning.

"Where's Crono?" Marle asked.

Lucca shrugged.

"Ayla see bad man and Lucca fight last night. Why bad man and Lucca fight?"

Magus glared at her. "That's none of your damn business."

Crono entered the throne room. He had a bag strapped to his back.

"What in bag?" Ayla asked.

Crono shook his head.

"Well, are you ready then?" Marle asked.

Crono nodded.

Crono motioned for his team to move out. They said their good-byes and left.

* * * * *

The Epoch appeared over the Keeper's Dome in 2300 AD. It was a bright future. The Epoch's occupants watched as the past forms of Crono, Lucca, and Marle left the dome and returned to the Sewer Access. The Crono and Lucca in the Epoch recalled this as the time when they first met Belthasar.

"I wonder how they see this world?" Lucca wondered out loud.

"Dunno," Magus said. "They might still be seeing the grim future you once saw."

After their past selves returned to the Sewer Access, Crono landed the Epoch near the Keeper's Dome. Crono, Lucca, and Melchior exited the time machine and entered the dome. They went to where old man was working. He appeared to be thin from lack of proper nourishment. Lucca tried to get his attention, but he just ignored their presence.

"Belthasar!" Melchior yelled.

Belthasar's head snapped up from his work at the sound of the familiar voice. "It cannot be!" He turned around. "Melchior! By the gods, how did you get here?"

"It's a long story," the Guru of Life said as he embraced his friend.

"What brings you here?"

"We need your help. We need to take you and meet with Gaspar. Only then can we help these young folks in their deed."

"Gaspar," Belthasar said softly, remembering his old friend. "Only the gods know how I would love to see him again. Unfortunately, I cannot. I must finish my work and I have little time left."

"I see. In that case, how do you revive a Nu after it's been deactivated?"

"LauraZabie," Belthasar said.

"LauraZabie?" Melchior said.

Crono and Lucca looked at each other.

"We got it," Lucca said. "Let's go."

* * * * *

Crono, Lucca, and Melchior stood in front of a creature that looked like a blue Spekkio. Lucca lifted a panel in the back to reveal a small keyboard.

"Alrighty, let's see if we can't get this Nu started again." she said. "L, A, R, A, X, A, B, Y." A chime came from the Nu and it activated.

"Why have you awakened me?" it asked.

"Belthasar?" Melchior asked.

"Melchior?!" Belthasar II said. "What's going on?"

"We need your help," Melchior said. "Come with us to see Gaspar."

"Gaspar?! Very well, let's go."

* * * * *

Gaspar welcomed his old friends with open arms and they began discussing about events passed. Crono made to protest, but Frog stayed him.

"Remember, mine friend. It hath been eons since any of them hath seen each other. Besides, time stands still here. We hath plenty of time for what must be done."

Crono nodded his silent agreement. He looked over to see Lucca talking with Magus.

Magus started heading toward Spekkio's chamber.

"Where are you goin'?" Lucca asked.

"I need something to occupy my mind," he answered as he entered the Master of War's chamber. Lucca followed him.

Crono made for the chamber. It sounded like a good idea.

Frog stopped him. "'Tis best not to intrude."

Crono gave the frog a confused look.

"'Tis not mine place to say."

Crono stood as tall as he could as he gave him a dark look.

"Ah, a king ye may be, but thou art not mine king, nor art thou in thy realm."

Crono snapped his fingers. The frog had him.

* * * * *

An hour later the door to Spekkio's chamber opened and Spekkio came out.

"'Tis the first I hath seen thee exit thy room," Frog said.

"Magus was troubled and Lucca is trying to talk to him," the Master of War explained.

* * * * *

After a few hours of catching up on past events, the gurus finally set their minds to the task at hand.

"Do you think you can help me see into the timelines of other world's realms?" Gaspar asked.

"Might be possible," Melchior said.

"It could not be done as you normally would view this world's realm's timeline," Belthasar II said. "We would require a monitor of some sort. With the three of ours' knowledge of time, realms, and technology we should be able to whip something up. I say we have Crono take us back to my old lab in 2301 AD. We should be able to find what we need there."

"Then we'll get it and bring it back here," Gaspar said. "That way we can work carefully without having to worry about the flow of time."

"It's a plan," Melchior said.

The gurus went to Crono and Frog and explained their plan. Crono agreed.

.

Go To Chapter 7

Return To CT Fanfic