Soul Pendant: Prologue

By Saul

Cronx stepped into his small house, not worrying about his deplorable aspect. The place was a total disorder. He crumbled into the floor, drunk. Hours later, he awoke and remembered what had happened. He filled with anger, but there was nothing he could use anymore... the sword! He broke the container where the sword of his grandgrandgrand... who cares... and took it to the ring.

The man in charge called some old geezer, because he couldn't determinate the value of the object in bet. "Th... this is the Rainbow! Where did you get it?" The old man asked in amazement. "You know I didn't steal it, right? Now, I want back my things, my weapons and my liquor."

"It's a deal. You know the rules." said the man in charge. Cronx jumped into the ring. "But I think you aren't in conditions to fight." the man continued. "Shut up and bring the stupid challenger" Cronx answered.

"As you like..." the man then pressed a button and a bell rang. A hideous monster jumped into the ring too. Cronx drew his sword, the last one he had, and slashed the beast's arm, then dodged the counterattack. "This is going to be easy."

Cronx attacked again, but a terrible headache, product of the drinking, immobilized him. The monster used the chance and pierced him with its huge claws. "Surrender!" the announcer shouted. "No" Cronx said, although he was dangerously wounded. He barely attacked the monster again. The beast pounced him, wounding him mortally... The Crono line had finished, having lost all honor.

.

"Hahaha!" Lang Ta cried as she withdrew 76 millions GP of the Trann National Bank. "They'll never find the bug!" she smiled to herself as she deleted all trace of the operation. She prepared to flee when the policemen broke in. "Freeze! You're under arrest for the charge of computer cracking!" She pulled out her hi-tech telelaser and fried three of the policemen, but was shot by a policewoman... Lucca's descendant had died in disgrace.

.

Glarem smiled as the drug lord counted the money for him. "Excellent job. I will call you whenever I need to dispose of someone again." He gave the briefcase with the money to him. "Maybe... but Mr. Larenco also was needing to finish his competition... you." Glarem pulled a 9mm and shot the lord in the middle of eyes. He slowly walked out, nobody daring to face him... Glenn's descendant was a merciless mercenary.

.

Seventeen people died by the effects of RXY-24's UltraShock. "I knew we never should have allowed R-66Y to start a production line twenty years ago." said the surviving one as he ran away. RXY-22 fired a missile and blasted him. "R-66Y is dust now. Robots will rule." The SARP suddenly broke into the building and destroyed the robots in a thousand pieces... A bright robotic future turned nothing.

.

Atumy crushed the reinforced door with a punch. "Stupid! Move away! Guys get in!" The bulky figure moved back into the truck while the rest of the men cleaned the house. "Now! Back into your cage!" the one that seemed to be the leader demanded. "Buut Larrry... U said this time I helped I go with you." the bulky man with the small face cried. "Atumy! I said back in your cage! You want me to use the elect..." the boss said. "NOOOOOO! I go back" Atumy cried and walked into a small cage... Ayla's family was treated like beasts.

.

"You CAN'T stop me! Got it?" Magina laughed as she blasted out of existence seven guards. She froze then broke the safe. "Those will help me." she said as she placed into a bag lots of jewels. Rushing out, she found her 27th boyfriend. "I have no use for you anymore. I'm bored." and threw him into a black hole. "Killing is more than the way to do something, it's my hobby!" she laughed again... Magus' line had lost any feelings it had had.

.

Mary Caroline, the daughter of the research center director Doan, looked at the sky from her balcony. "Why?" She glared at her pendant. "Why aren't they here?" she seemed to ask to the sky. "I can't do nothing... alone." She seemed to suffer with the pain of the world. She cried as she saw a dark shadow cover all the land. The world entered a ruin age. "Why has destiny turned into this??????"

.

It's always the mission of the Chrono Trigger team to save the times when all else has failed. An evil force knows this, and has altered the timelines. In the future, the team's descendants become unworthy of this mission. The world can never be saved. To save their futures, each member of the original Chrono Trigger team has to find his Soul pendant. The fate will then be formed, of the team becoming together in all times to preserve the peace of the world always!!!

.

Go To Chapter 1

Return To CT Fanfic