The Second Incarnation Part 4

Interference

By Shelly Ichishita

Tifa sighed. Her dinner had been a huge success. Cloud had even asked for seconds, unfortunately so did Barret, Cid, Shera, Nanaki and Yuffie. She wished that she had asked them to go out tonight but what would she have told them? Please leave Cloud and me alone in the house so I can seduce him? I need some time alone with Cloud cause I want to get in his pants? She sighed again. Tifa was so busy sighing that she didn't even notice that she and Cloud were the only ones left at the table. Shera was in the kitchen cleaning up; Barret and Cid were at the pool hall and Yuffie and Nanaki were at the beach trying to spear fish in the moonlight.

Tifa felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She broke out of her reverie and looked up to see Cloud. "Why are you so touchy feely all of a sudden?" She asked. As soon as the words came out of her mouth she regretted them. She hadn't meant for it to come out that way, all she wanted was for him to admit that he liked her too. She tried to apologize but Cloud just shrugged and walked towards the door.

Cloud was having trouble breathing. I guess she doesn't care after all. He thought. He heard Tifa following him to the door. He really didn't want to talk to her right now. Cloud turned the doorknob and ran right into the girl in the doorway. He stared at her shoes and mumbled, "I'm sorry." Cloud paused for a moment, he recognized those brown leather boots, that pink dress with the matching jacket and the green eyes that were staring right into his own. Barret and Cid stood besides her, practically jumping with excitement.

"What's the matter with you, Spikey? You ain't never seen someone back from the dead before?" Barret enquired.

Cloud was speechless.

.

Go To Part 5

Return To FF7 Fanfic