Hope in Love Chapter 5

World of Mist

By Sorceress Fantasia

"Tifa! Tifa! Wake up!" The voice sounded distance, yet near. Tifa opened her eyes slowly, and saw the figure of a young woman beside her. She seems to be illuminating, forcing Tifa to close her eyes for fear of being blinded.

"Are you okay?" she asked gently.

‘The voice…it sounds kinda familiar. I’ve heard it before…But where? And when?’

"Hello! Hello!" she asked again. "Can you get up?"

"I think so…"

"Good, because I can’t stay here anymore. Bye, Tifa. And take care."

"Wait! Don’t go!" Tifa bolted up straight.

"Whoa! Don’t scare me like that!" The person shrieked. Tifa recognized the voice. It was Elena.

"Elena?" Tifa shook her head a few times, then rubbed her eyes slightly. She looked around. The place was full of pink mist and seemed to have no limits to it. Seeing no one else, she asked, "Where’s everyone else?"

"I don’t know. When I woke up, I found myself here in this weird place and saw you lying a little to my right. We’re the only ones here. I guess we got separated from the others."

Tifa stood up, "If that’s the case, we’ll have to find them. Let’s go."

************

In another part of this strange world, Barret had just woken up, only to find Reno lying beside him. Before Barret could bash him up, Reno woke up as well.

"You! Of all people to be with!" Barret shouted angrily, clenching his fist.

"You think I like to be with you!? Fat hope!" Reno retorted.

"Why you %%*^(^*@#(*& creep! It’s all ya fault! Now we’re separated from the others! Why the heck did ya open up that %#%%*&^(*&(* chest?

"How would I know this would happen?! You didn’t object to me opening up the chest in the first place anyway!"

Then Reno simmered down and said, " Alright, nobody, including me, wanted this to happen. All we can do now is to stop bickering and search for the rest. Agree?"

Barret sighed and pointed to his right, "Alright. Let’s go this way then."

"No! That way!"

"This way!"

"That way!"

"I said this way!"

"Okay, we’ll take yours." Reno finally gave in. He decided that fighting with Barret would get them no where and he could always take revenge later. He would have lots of opportunity once they get Tseng back.

************

" Lucretsia, where should we go?" Vincent asked.

Lucretsia hung her head down and shook slightly. She let out a depressed sigh. "Honestly speaking, I don’t know. We seem to be in another dimension. If we get lost here, we may never be able to get out. We have to be very careful." Lucretsia observed.

Vincent nodded silently. He looked around, hoping to spot any of his comrades. ‘I wonder where the others are.’ Then a light beam shining from afar caught his attention. Vincent quickly informed Lucretsia, " Lucretsia, look. There’s light over there. Could it be an exit?"

Lucretsia replied, "I don’t know but…Let’s just check it out. It may be our only hope."

************

"Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Because of that f#%%(*&ing chest, now we’re stuck here." Cid cursed.

"…"

"Would you say something? Like what do we do now or where do we go?" Cid waved his hands around as he talked.

"I don’t know." Rude replied solemnly.

"You’re damn boring." Cid commented. They had been walking aimlessly for a quite a while and found no landmarks, nobody, no nothing. All they saw was mist, mist and more mist. Cid was about to go crazy and scream his head off when Rude pulled him back.

"What the %$#& hell?"

"Quiet, we’ve got company."

Indeed, there was figure moving towards them in the mist.

"Big deal. Mabbe it’s just the others." Upon finishing the sentence, the figure was already in visible distance. It was…

"A MONSTER!!!!!! HOLY $HIT!!!!!" Cid exclaimed.

************

"Stupid thing, you asked for it. Braver!" Cloud dashed towards the monster and leapt up, bringing his sword down. The poor creature was halved.

"Behind you Cloud!" Red XIII cried, dodging a punch at the same time. He did a back flip, and landed on his paws gracefully. Then, with the same speed and accuracy, he charged at an enemy and slashed it with his sharp claws.

Cloud ducked the attacked and retaliated with a powerful kick, tripping the monster and caused it to fall flat on the ground. Almost immediately, he chopped off its head. Another monster lunged at Cloud, but he stepped back and kills it swiftly with a few slashes from his weapon.

He placed the Ultima Weapon back into its sheathe and wiped off the sweat on his forehead. It had been quite some time since he had such a fight like this. "Phew. That finishes it." Cloud remarks, then he puts his thumb up, "Nice job Red! Looks like you haven’t lost your skill."

"I suppose I can say the same thing for you."

"Just our luck to actually land on the monsters." Cloud recalled. " Red, where do we go from here?"

"I assume we’re no longer in our world, but another dimension for I have never seen such a…strange place before in any book or whatsoever. We’ll have to find the rest and then get out."

"What about Yuffie? Could she be here too?" Cloud inquired.

Red considered for a moment, "Perhaps. No matter what, we’ll have to wander around for a bit to find everyone. Then maybe we’ll bump into her."

Cloud thought for a while, then broke the silence, "In that case, I suggest we go that way."

.

Go To Chapter 6

Return To FF7 Fanfic