The Story of Tata Prologue

By The Man

"You have a son." Said the doctor. He handed the infant to the mother. The infant squealed with delight as the mother held it. The mother was called Tina and she had wanted a child for a very long time. It was only recently that she had married. At that moment, a voice spoke up. "What should we name him?"

It was her husband. He stood totally in the shadows. You couldn't know he was there unless you remembered where he was. Tina always wondered why her husband chose to be so mysterious.

"I like the name 'Tata.'" she said after a moment of thought. She held up the child so that the husband could see.

"Cute." He said.

"I must be going." Said the doctor. As he made his way to the door, he stopped and turned to the shadowed husband. "You should be proud to have such a fine boy." He said and patted the husband on the shoulder. At the sound of the door shutting behind him, the husband spoke up.

"Remember when we got married, that I said that I would have to leave you soon?"

"Yes." She replied meekly.

"Now's that time." He said. "I have to go back."

"No." she moaned. "Not now, not when I need you the most."

"I'm sorry." He said. "Fate's calling me."

"Look at him!" Tina cried. "He's your son! You have to take care of him! You have to love him!"

Finally, the husband stepped out of the shadows. It always surprised Tina at how cold her husband's face was usually. But what always grabbed her were his eyes. They were so intent and gripping. She always thought that those eyes could see through her and pierce her soul. The husband walked over to Tina and kissed her. Then he trained his eyes on the infant. After what seemed like an eternity to Tina, the man placed a finger on the child's head and closed his eyes. He appeared to be concentrating. Soon enough a wisp of smoke rose from the babies head. At first, Tina thought that he had killed it. But the babe appeared undamaged. Finally he removed his finger, turned on his heels, walked to the door and opened it. Then he left, into the night, and left Tina crying softly.

.

End of Prologue

.

Go To Chapter 1

Return To CT Fanfic